Alternative PowerPose Templates (Genesis 1, 2, 3, 8, 8.1, 9)

13»

Comments

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 240

Many thanks! It's great to have "matching" templates, for all the Genesis generations, that actually work!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

"...that actually work" was the motivating theme... wink

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

@NorthOf45, first thank you very much for your hard work on these templates. I have had to wait to install the G9 ones until I stabalized my MacBookPro (MBP) and finished setting up the DIM installed files. And today I found so much more work done by you! So I downloaded all the new files and the update for G9.

After following your directions and rebooting my MBP, I started testing each one from G1 to G9 and with one exception they all worked outstandingly well.

The problem child was G2M. The template set is labeled 'Default (Generic) on the PowerPose screen which is weird. I checked the installed files against G2F's and other files and they look the same in organization. The .png files have images but don't show in DAZ Studio. I have made screen shots of what both G2M and G2F look like in Studio and in their file structure in the Data folder for you.

Knowing me, there may be a possibility I messed something up, but I can't think what it could be. Please advise.

Thank you,

Mary

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 12.16.03.png
    1914 x 910 - 904K
    Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 12.16.22.png
    1891 x 961 - 956K
    Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 12.16.41.png
    3134 x 832 - 545K
    Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 12.17.10.png
    2814 x 666 - 304K

Hi Mary,

The folder structure looks okay, and the template.dsx file is the proper size (606 B). Can you edit the templates.dsx file? It should basically be the same as the one for G2F, with M or Male instead of F or Female where appropriate. Try downloading a fresh copy, or copy the G2F templates.dsx file and change it accordingly. I just tried a fresh download on my rig, no problems...

Is there anything in the "Template Set" dropdown list? Studio sometimes gets hung up on a previous version of the templates if you have used them recently. If you select back and forth between the G2F and G2M, it should come up with the new templates. Sometimes the only way to clear it is to restart Studio. Unfortunately, PowerPose doesn't give any error messages when it fails.

edited April 2023

Also, verify that the "Node Name" (Scene tab - Edit... - Scene Identification) is "Genesis2Male" (no spaces or anything else) in case it might have changed somehow...

@memcneil70 I should use the autonotifcation more...

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

Sorry I was working with my back to the iMac, where I keep the forums up. I couldn't get the Templates to open, so I am going to do a new download.

Mary

@NorthOf45, Well I managed to open the G2F and G2M template.dsx and changed the references from G2F to G2M (Males) as needed with TextEdit. Saved and found also that the files for G2F had disappeared. So since I had just downloaded more files, copied more G2F files into the PowerPose folder. G2F triggers the correct template, 'Base (Genesis 2 Female), but G2M is still calling Default (Generic). 

I even looked at G3M's template and except for the additional lines, the files match, except for G3M where I have G2M or Genesis 2 Male in the other one. 

If all the other files weren't working I would be asking if this was a Apple M1 issue, but they are.

If you can link to the new files I will look for them in the morning. I get up in about 9 hours for the work day.

Thank you so much,

Mary

Well, the downloads are still the latest, I haven't changed anything.

Did you verify the Node Name for G2M when it is loaded? That is how PowerPose knows which template set to use.

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 131

Thanks

@NorthOf45, There was no "Templete Set" drop-down list at all, just "Default (Generic)". I was able to toggle back and forth for all the others.

I opened up both Templates for G2M and G2F and that line is identical except for 'Male' and 'Female'. I even opened up 4.21.0.5 and for G2M it only shows Default (Generic).

Mary

What about the Node Name?

G2M node info.jpg
    515 x 698 - 85K

Sorry, I had your thread open to download another copy of the G2 Power Pose and was working on trying to see if a totally fresh install would help.

I did install all versions on my Win 10 laptop and G2M shows up perfectly on it. I even brought up itsTemplate and compared it to the one on my MBP M1 install. Matches perfectly. And it can't be the M1 chip, because all other templates are working on other figures.

I have made a full screen snip of the screen with G2M on the MBP now with the Node data for you.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Mary

edited April 2023

Is it possible that my copy of G2M is bad?

Would it matter? I even tried Gianni 6 with the template and it had the same result as G2M.

Post edited by memcneil70 on

That particular bit is part of the base figure, hard-coded, so it would have to have been overwritten somehow. All figures using it as a base, like Gianni 6, would be the same. You could try re-installing Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. Before doing that, let's see the node data to see what it is now.

edited April 2023

I had attached the snip of the node data, and now it is missing. Try again.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 14.00.53.png
    1918 x 976 - 774K

Oh, I just had an update on the Beta to 4.21.1.48 and it didn't make a difference in the problem.

Okay, got it this time. There is one more little bit for the Geometry at the bottom of the info pane under the Scene tab. I believe that is the actual reference that is used by PowerPose, or at least one of them if they all have to match. (Don't forget, I didn't write the code for it, just the templates. Whatever it does behind the scenes is my best guess...). You can make that bottom part larger by dragging the divider upwards so that all information shows. So, one more time, please?

edited April 2023

Just saw your request now @NorthOf45. Here you are.

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 04.22.54.png
    626 x 779 - 131K

@memcneil70 Okay, setup looks good, files look good, figure has the right info... I don't know why it doesn't trigger the correct template.

We never did check if bipedDynamics.dsx was okay. As I mentioned, PowerPose won't raise any error messages, it just fails silently and goes to the default. That appears to be what is happening here, so try a fresh copy of that file. The one from G2F should be good.

If all else fails, start over. Delete the PowerPose Folder and re-create it. Copy the files again. Re-install Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. See what happens...

edited April 2023

Well I had already tried a fresh install of G2M Starter Essentials but that didn't help.

The bipedDynamics.dsx file from G2F didn't help.

So, chased down a fresh copy in "Macintosh HD>Applications>DAZ 3D>DAZ 3D>DAZStudio4 64-bit Public Build>plugins>PowerPose" (reference to help Apple users in future, it is a pain to track down.) Deleted the existing folder, downloaded the a fresh copy of the templates for G2 and put it all together. I kept Daz Studio closed at each time I worked in the files, and sometimes rebooted the MBP. This time I just reopened the Beta.

AND IT WORKED!!!!

I can't thank you enough for helping me. These templates for Power Pose are fantastic and for G1, G2 and G3, they solve an issue I had with those generations of clunky posing.

You are wonderful.

Mary

PS: And you got me over my fear of the text editor and .dsx files.

Great! I was sure it was something to do with the startup, or initialization. I was thinking: clear the cache. Whatever, glad you got it working, and enjoy your PowerPosing.smileyyes

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

Thank you very much for this. Very usefull.

• DeirdreSDeirdreS Posts: 6

Very kind of you to make this available to everyone. Many thanks!

• SquishySquishy Posts: 455

Hey, I'm trying to create a custom PowerPose template for a non-humanoid rig I made and when I do Edit -> (delete a point) D|S crashes angry

is that normal

Squishy said:

Hey, I'm trying to create a custom PowerPose template for a non-humanoid rig I made and when I do Edit -> (delete a point) D|S crashes angry

is that normal

Yeah, I found that out. I used Notepad++ with language set to xml to edit the files directly for things like that. Save the file, and the new version will be loaded when you change pages (and back again). So, you have got something going already? Off to a good start...  Let's continue in your thread so as to not derail this one.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 455

yes

• This is so awesome!  Thanks!!!  So pleased to be able to use power pose with Genesis 3 female and male.  

• JeremionJeremion Posts: 46

Really love those templates, thank you very much :)

• xlpasstestxlpasstest Posts: 37

Thank you for your tool, it has made Powerpose extremely powerful.

Glad to see that it keeps getting new users...