Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,881

SilverGirl said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

If you want to do more with Ultrascenery, come hang out with us on the Ultrascenery thread

UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial] - Page 18 - Daz 3D Forums

(That's just the current latest page on a long and winding road you can go back through as far as you want/need.)

Barbult is the resident USC pro! smiley

Oh thank you! Will definitely check this out. It's so beautiful in renders, I'd really love to have it as part of my working arsenal. Probably start on page 1 or I'll be lost, but I'll catch up eventually!

Absolutely read the warnings on what you 'must do' before starting USC. Like turn on Memory, turn off Iray Preview. All of us have run into that wall of forgetfulness at some point. It has been so long I have been able to play, I need to check out a tutorial again. And then the new USC v4 will be out. But Barbult is the goto person on the thread for help, though a number of PAs who contribute help as well. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 398

memcneil70 said:

SilverGirl said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

If you want to do more with Ultrascenery, come hang out with us on the Ultrascenery thread

(That's just the current latest page on a long and winding road you can go back through as far as you want/need.)

Oh thank you! Will definitely check this out. It's so beautiful in renders, I'd really love to have it as part of my working arsenal. Probably start on page 1 or I'll be lost, but I'll catch up eventually!

Absolutely read the warnings on what you 'must do' before starting USC. Like turn on Memory, turn off Iray Preview. All of us have run into that wall of forgetfulness at some point. It has been so long I have been able to play, I need to check out a tutorial again. And then the new USC v4 will be out. But Barbult is the goto person on the thread for help, though a number of PAs who contribute help as well. 

Yeah, I boffed that 'turn off Iray' one the first time I booted it up... oops. I eventually managed to make a couple perfectly lovely scenes, it's just that I want to make some *specific* landscapes (one of them is lake with a kind of bluff on one shore that gives a drop-off for a rope swing to jump out over it), and trying to understand height maps and how to alter them did me in.

Might help a bit if my art time wasn't usually at the end of the day when my brain's fried, but c'est la vie.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,547

There's a really cute new Predatron set in DAZ+ today, Follyview: https://www.daz3d.com/follyview. Based on a real location it seems, but very adaptable. I do love their versatile little sets!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,881

SilverGirl said:

memcneil70 said:

SilverGirl said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Yeah, I boffed that 'turn off Iray' one the first time I booted it up... oops. I eventually managed to make a couple perfectly lovely scenes, it's just that I want to make some *specific* landscapes (one of them is lake with a kind of bluff on one shore that gives a drop-off for a rope swing to jump out over it), and trying to understand height maps and how to alter them did me in.

Might help a bit if my art time wasn't usually at the end of the day when my brain's fried, but c'est la vie.

@SilverGirl if you haven't looked into them, these two tutorials were both good for helping me and I also recommend Code66's Toolboxes for working with UltraScenery.

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--tutorial-set-on-usage-power-tips-and-add-ons

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--the-ultimate-guide

@tsroemi, I put the set into my cart immediately. Totally agree with you on its versatility.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,115

tsroemi said:

There's a really cute new Predatron set in DAZ+ today, Follyview: https://www.daz3d.com/follyview. Based on a real location it seems, but very adaptable. I do love their versatile little sets!

The folly is my favorite of today's new releases. Such well done piece for so cheap.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,291
    Folly view is the sort of model I want on my model railway as well as in DS. Gorgeous.
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 398

memcneil70 said:

@SilverGirl if you haven't looked into them, these two tutorials were both good for helping me and I also recommend Code66's Toolboxes for working with UltraScenery.

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--tutorial-set-on-usage-power-tips-and-add-ons

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--the-ultimate-guide

Wishlisted! Thank you! 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210

richardandtracy said:

Folly view is the sort of model I want on my model railway as well as in DS. Gorgeous.

Well there is a 3D printing licence available...wink 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,801

Sue Yee exquisitely crafts another nice piece. Look at the zipper, stitching, and hems! That was an elegant solution to the perennial Daz collar conundrum.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,767

xyer0 said:

Sue Yee exquisitely crafts another nice piece. Look at the zipper, stitching, and hems! That was an elegant solution to the perennial Daz collar conundrum.

And they keep supporting G8 yes 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,378
    edited May 15

richardandtracy said:

Unfortunately I don't have a model railway, but I caught Folly View in the pike jump. Great model!

Post edited by caravelle on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,427

MelanieL said:

richardandtracy said:

Well there is a 3D printing licence available...wink 

It's worth pointing out that the 3D printing licence is only needed for commercial 3D printing; Permission for personal use 3D printing is included by default in the standard licence (and it states it's permissible to have a printing service create a copy for your personal use, such as if you don't have a printer of your own).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,801

PerttiA said:

xyer0 said:

And they keep supporting G8 yes 

Yes, that's the only reason I keep buying. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,291
    edited May 17

I have a thing for old ruins. My first model scenery kit was a ruined model castle by the German model railway scenery company 'Faller'. It was this one:

I eventually made the model more realistic & detailed by having a model railway running nearby. I have that same castle in my workshop, even though the rest of my model railway stuff is in the loft waiting for 'One day' when I'll get it out to play again.

Enough of the background:

The ruins https://www.daz3d.com/forgotten-ruins-vignette make me feel just like that 11 yo boy who discovered the little castle. Awed, amazed, gleeful and very happy. What's more it's even better than that castle because of the materials, details and sheer attractiveness.

Not sure about the existence of the glass in the windows, but, it's wonderful. Love it.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited May 17

richardandtracy said:

I have a thing for old ruins. My first model scenery kit was a ruined model castle by the German model railway scenery company 'Faller'. It was this one:

I eventually made the model more realistic & detailed by having a model railway running nearby. I have that same castle in my workshop, even though the rest of my model railway stuff is in the loft waiting for 'One day' when I'll get it out to play again.

Enough of the background:

The ruins https://www.daz3d.com/forgotten-ruins-vignette make me feel just like that 11 yo boy who discovered the little castle. Awed, amazed, gleeful and very happy. What's more it's even better than that castle because of the materials, details and sheer attractiveness.

Not sure about the existence of the glass in the windows, but, it's wonderful. Love it.

Regards,

Richard

The glass sure is weird ... But otherwise, I like the ruins too, quite a lot. If you buy them, could you perhaps post a front-facing render so one can see rhe whole model a bit better? That'd be great. - Edit: Never mind, I think I'm buying it anyway, it looks so nice! Oh and people, if you haven't seen that yet: any 'crawly' release like the castle ruins will get an extra discount and also GIVE extra discount to two other new releases! Works, too, I just tried it.

I also much like the new makeup set that's in DAZ+ today - https://www.daz3d.com/mariposa-wings-genesis-9-eye-makeup-builder. Sooo beautiful! I wish makeup irl ever behaved like that ....

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,281
  • ElorElor Posts: 838
    edited May 21

Not exactly the same, but @lilflame had an sport outfit for both genders (only for Genesis 9):

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-campus-casuals-for-genesis-9

Regarding one of today's new releases, does someone have Hiking Peak and could share a render with a character in it ? No need to pose the character or do something elaborate, it's just to get a better sense of the scale of the area.

Post edited by Elor on
    Campus Casuals, to me, is also cut to look like women's clothes.

Elor said:

egarding one of today's new releases, does someone have Hiking Peak and could share a render with a character in it ? No need to pose the character or do something elaborate, it's just to get a better sense of the scale of the area.

Those 'plants' look strange, judging by the promo pictures, I'd say the tall grass (yellowish) is about a foot high and the 'plants' about 5 feet high, but that would make the scene way too small for all the trails and rest areas that are mentioned in the description.

I have it in my cart, but don't know yet if I'm going to pull the trigger.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,102
    edited May 22
    SY The Pale Elf Vampire Genesis 9

Interesting. More-or-less a "create your own Astarion" kit. I like this sort of thing more than editorial-limited products. You could use it for fan art or do your own thing.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
    I need to finish Baldur's Gate 3 when I can find the time.
  • TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 497

doubledeviant said:

Interesting. More-or-less a "create your own Astarion" kit. I like this sort of thing more than editorial-limited products. You could use it for fan art or do your own thing.

That's the first time I've seen a Daz product shown with anatomical elements.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,191

dortybassa said:

doubledeviant said:

That's the first time I've seen a Daz product shown with anatomical elements.

There's been a change to promo policy in the past few months. I've seen a couple of products with some fully nude promos since then (not counting those imported from Rendo with their original nude promos).

edited May 22

PerttiA said:

Elor said:

egarding one of today's new releases, does someone have Hiking Peak and could share a render with a character in it ? No need to pose the character or do something elaborate, it's just to get a better sense of the scale of the area.

Those 'plants' look strange, judging by the promo pictures, I'd say the tall grass (yellowish) is about a foot high and the 'plants' about 5 feet high, but that would make the scene way too small for all the trails and rest areas that are mentioned in the description.

I have it in my cart, but don't know yet if I'm going to pull the trigger.

Pulled the trigger and here it is... 

The character is just basic G8 female and each side of the cube is one meter

The width of the scene is 52.5 meters and it's 58.5 meters long.

Hiking.png
    1908 x 1147 - 3M
    Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited May 22

I think there's a really generous and intriguing new room set in DAZ+ now, here: https://www.daz3d.com/cyber-hideout. It includes a lot of items, plus the rooms themselves, and everything looks well-made to me. It's a very nice deviation from the usually much smaller products we get in the club, am loving it and getting it although I already own Polish's Hacker Hideout. This has a different vibe tough, less futuristic, and more rooms are included.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,570

tsroemi said:

I think there's a really generous and intriguing new room set in DAZ+ now, here: https://www.daz3d.com/cyber-hideout. It includes a lot of items, plus the rooms themselves, and everything looks well-made to me. It's a very nice deviation from the usually much smaller products we get in the club, am loving it and getting it although I already own Polish's Hacker Hideout. This has a different vibe tough, less futuristic, and more rooms are included.

its in my cart, along with a few toher things. I ened up spending enough the other day to end up with 8 tokens, which now I'm on the way to using those... dangerous times for the cashflow.  

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 271

tsroemi said:

And the toilet has a seat

edited May 22

daveso said:

tsroemi said:

its in my cart, along with a few toher things. I ened up spending enough the other day to end up with 8 tokens, which now I'm on the way to using those... dangerous times for the cashflow.  

I think it's really worth the price, but be warned everyone wot has a smallish ssd: I just bought it, and the zip size is 1.7 GB ... 

Edit: Should have looked at the textures, as per usual: more than 650, all the same huge size apparently ... Well. At least that will be a quick fix for everyday renders.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 884
    edited May 23

Older, but more options than the new Hendershot weapon collection:

https://www.daz3d.com/western-guns

It's G8, but any weapon prop can be used with Genesis 9 with some extra work.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,102

Older, but more options than the new Hendershot weapon collection:

https://www.daz3d.com/western-guns

It's G8, but any weapon prop can be used with Genesis 9 with some extra work.

Also some options from Polish:

Western Weapon Collection

and DzFire:

Old West Firearms Vol 1
    Old West Firearms Vol 2
    Old West Firearms Vol 3