Learning the Shader Mixer

I'm attempted to recreate a material from Poser in the shader mixer. Full disclosure, I've never used the shader mixer before and I'm having trouble finding some functions/channels? that are in Poser. These are the current names I'm having trouble finding in the DAZ shader mixer.

• ColorRamp_2
  • Scatter
  • Fractal_Sum - I assume this is sum?
  • Anisotropic
  • Transparency - I assume this is opacity?
  • Translucence value - I found translucence under Lighting, but I only see an option for color. Is there an option for strength?
  • Hightlight Size
Untitled-1.jpg
423 x 592 - 112K

Comments

• Are you creating a 3Delight or Iray shader? 3Delight should be fairly similar for the most part, but iray si very different.

Fractal Sum is under the Texture group for 3Delight; Scatter would, I guess, be SubSurface Scattering - for 3delight the equivalent is under Lighting>Ray tracing. There isn't an isotropy brick, it is available in the DAZ Material brick when lighting mode is set to Metal. Colour Ramp used t have an equvalanet, the nearest looking think is Mathematical>Spline but I'm not at all familiar with that so hesitate to plug it.

Yes, Opacity would be Transparency - just going from the opposite end. Both Opacity and Translucence use a colour, not a value, so that they can be controlled for the three colour channels separately - pure red, for example would be a value of 100% for red and 0% for green and blue.

Highlight Size is Glossiness, the higher the glossiness the smaller the highlight (rought surfaces spread the highlight out).

• CelexaCelexa Posts: 73

Thank you. I planned on starting with 3Delight and maybe moving to Iray later once I have a better understanding of Iray and an Nvidia gpu.