Why does Bryce content need to go into program files directory?

Why does Bryce content need to go into program files directory where Bryce 7 is installed?

Also is there a way to request an updated installer for Bryce 7?  I just installed Bryce 7 onto my Windows 11 machine.  It wanted me to download Daz Studio 3!  Why?  Why I ask! I rather have a DIM install option for Bryce 7 Pro instead of trying to find it manually in product library.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

Okay, I got Bryce installed an opened, but I don't know what I am doing.  So far I know how to add a water plane and a tree.  Here is my first render on this computer with Bryce.

I am trying to find out where the content would be and how to manage my content for the software.

Lonetreeinflood.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 180K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

Good to see that you managed to install Bryce. Have a look at the PDF below, it may help you. By the way, there are many PDFs on my website.
    https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809
    edited November 2022

Horo is a wealth of information.  I too have a link but these are for the very beginner.  Big images, short and easy to follow:

https://mulawa.net/tutorials/sql/Bryce/index.php

These are the tutorials an Australian friend made for some of us beginners back when Bryce 5 was just coming out.  He also had a gallery for us so we weren't intimidated by posting on the internet.  And, he sent all of us Advanced Bryce Creations book from Australia.  I still have it but I don't learn well with books so I never finished it.

Post edited by NGartplay on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Sfariah, reading Horo's PDFs is one of the best ideas possible. I think he also links to David Brinnen's tutorials (videos) that you can also find via the 'tutorials' thread. Those tutorials are wide ranging, from beginner to advance user; hours of fun to be had!