Modern US Marine Uniform and Gear

edited November 2022 in Product Suggestions

Hi all --

I just posted a new job to my UpWork page to hopefully find someone to custom build a uniform and related accessories for a Genesis 8 Male. The uniform is what is commonly used by the US Marine's Special Reaction Team (SRT). It involves a flight suit, a tactical vest, a tactical belt and thigh holsters, etc. 

Marine-SRT-Outfit-1

There are great artists that I've purchased from through Daz's marketplace that have almost what I'm looking for, but not quite. For example, I love how the Tactical Pants, Tactical Boots, and Tactical Gun all work together (from smay). But I'm looking for a fullbody jumpsuit for Genesis 8. Similarly, DarkEdgeDesign and Herschel Hoffmeyer also have created great stuff but either the materials, the genre (too Sci-fi), or the quality isn't quite right.

I'd love to invite those artists to maybe build this for me. Anyone know how to reach any of them? 

Thanks, 

Agent Owen

Marine-SRT-Outfit-2 SRT-Flight-Suit-1 

SRT-Flight-Suit-3
Post edited by Christoper J Bauer on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

HH and DarkEdge both post on the forums, so you could try direct messaging them. There are a couple considerations, though:

1. The economics of making a commissioned item vs. releasing something for the store are very different, so unless this were to be released in the store as well, it would most likely cost several hundred dollars
    2. On that note, at least some US military uniforms are protected by copyright, so if someone DID make this, they might not be able to release it broadly...which might mean they'd decide not to make it in the first place. PA Mal3Imagery has made an absolutely spot-on USMC dress blues uniform that they can't release, for example.
    3. HH plans all his products out long in advance, so even if he did agree to make this for you, it would probably be at least a year before he even started on the product. I don't know about DarkEdge, but they have a pretty brisk release schedule at the Daz store, so they might be more flexible on their timeline, or they may not.
  • Looking at latest posts of mal3Imagery : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7846871/

Specifically the "Looking ahead." section gives a glimpse at upcoming military outfit (more army/marines-like probably, yet with modern gear). 

"that they can't release, for example." Really? The post above looks like something's being worked on, though it may be a different thing.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

generalgameplaying said:

"that they can't release, for example." Really? The post above looks like something's being worked on, though it may be a different thing.

Yes, that's quite different from what I was referring to:

The outfit they're working on right now might be a recreating of an existing uniform that isn't protected by copyright, or it might be an original design influenced by existing uniforms.

• Gordig said:

Yes, that's quite different from what I was referring to:

Oh right, never mind...