Windows 10 and Daz 4.8 Pro

I'm not sure if it is happening with anyone else or if I am just special..but Daz crashes as soon as I make 2-3 moves.

I will load a character or object and as soon as I start doing anything "poof" Daz shuts down 

"exception reason"   DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtGui4.dll" at 0033:00000000615AE722, QPixmapCache::Key::~Key()+7106 byte(s)

Comments

• What video card/chipset do you use? If you have two, is DS set to use the nVida/AMD one and not the embedded Intel one?

• What video card/chipset do you use? If you have two, is DS set to use the nVida/AMD one and not the embedded Intel one?

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

and to answer your question I have no idea how to set it...im not that technical saavy

• Do you have the tech specs for your system? They should tell you whether it has a single or double GPU.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

What do the lots say? Anything other than the access violation you are seeing?

Download GPU-z, maybe CPU-z too; it easily lets you see what the specs of you computer are.

• After installing Windows 10 my DAZ Studio won't run, message is it needs WDDM V1.3.

I have the Intel Express G43/G45 WDDM V1.1 but everything worked on windows 7, so why not now?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The driver that comes with Win10 is probably worse than the one from your computer manufacturer or from Intel.  Update it from the manufacturer or from Intel.  Not sure if Win10 will keep "updating" it.

• Again, Dunno if it's just me:- I make a new charachter using Daz 4.8 in windows 10 and using headshop, I save said charachter, save as charachter preset and also support asset figure/prop. all is hunky dorey until I make another new charachter, save it the same but with a diff name and it overwrites the other one. How can I create a figure/charachter that cannot be over written? Please help.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Whilst you're trying to figure it out; at least you could make copies of the files just created and place them elsewhere, that way they won't be lost.

• Tried that!! still the same, they get over written.