Animating camera

Hello all!

DAZ Studio 4.8, Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.4). Animation of the camera. Camera should jump every 35 frames. So setting Y position of the camera on the first frame, setting the same position on 35th frame, different (higher value) in the 40th frame, same value as in the first frame in the 45 frame etc. (animation repeating). But between 1 and 35 frames camera slowly goes down (to approximately value of 6 by Y axis) and then retuning back. How I could avoid such behavior?

P.S. Forgot to mention - 1st frame, 35th frame, 40th frame, 45th frame is keyframes of course. Maybe it is essential for solution. Thank you!

P.P.S. To make things clear - for 1st frame Y position parameter is 8. For 35th - 8. 40th - 15, 45th - 8. Between 1st and 35th frames camera moving along Y axis by it self despite of there is similar positions in 1st and 35th frames. It is the main problem.

P.P.P.S. Sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

Comments

• This is because DS by default uses smooth interpolation. I think Casual has a free script that will help with this, or you can look at KeyMate/GraphMate in the store.

• SerjSerj Posts: 12

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for your response!

But proably I did not explain my problem clear. Smooth interpolation should use one of the interpolation algorithms (linear, easy-in, easy-out, easy-in-out or combination). Let's try silmplest of them - linear interpolation. Basically, formula according to Wikipedia is:

So, in the case y1=y0 there should be no difference between y and y0 in any moment of time (x1 in formula) since it is multiplying by zero. So, initial data:

Keyframe1 (t=1): y = 8

Keyframe2 (t=35): y = 8

Keyframe3 (t=40): y = 15

What we SHOULD have for frame e.g. 15: y  = 8. It sounds pretty reasonably. For frame 32: y = 10.61 (it works well).

BUT! For frame 15 it is 7.25 (WTF?) For frame 32 - no problems.

Could you please tell me why it is happening and how to fight against it.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Serj...

• It's drawing a curve through the key values, so it dips down between the two indentical keys in order to then curve up to the new value five frames later. Casual's script or the plug-ins will allow you to change the interpolation type so that it won't do anything between the two constant frames but will then blend smoothly to the changed value after the second constant frame.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for answer! Seems you are right.

Could you please also tell me where to download this script? Since "search" gives too much "casual" content results so I am lost.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Serj...

Hello, Richard!

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try. Seems it is exactly what I need.

Thank you once again!

Best regards, Serj...