Can we get more realistic looking clothing like this?

CinnatwistCinnatwist Posts: 91
edited November 2022 in Product Suggestions

[Can we get more realistic looking clothing like this?] When I say this, I am specifically talking of the likely most realistic looking item we have for Daz: https://www.daz3d.com/tactical-pants-for-genesis-3-male-s

Smay did a wonderful thing when he made these pants. They still reign pretty supreme even after so many years. It might lack D-force, but it makes a lot up in both geometry detail and texture detail, as well as just sheer customization options. Cargo or plain pants, thickness or slimness, wrinkled or softer style, and more if you use D-forms or even some of the best looking cargo shorts with a custom opacity texture.  I always find myself using these pants for so many characters and scenes just becuase of how good and realistic they look. Any other options, especially a lot of newer ones have this silky, shapeless, or latex-form-fitting going on that just looks awful.

The point of this post is to ask for more options like these pants. Not even military or tactical style, but with the same utilitarian style and appeal. Stuff that real people might wear in real life, I guess. Shirts, polos, shorts, pants, jeans, socks, and more.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• edited November 2022

I still use those pants too, they are great.

I like the guys outfits by SdeB, they have realy good details, good pants and excellent sneakers/boots, they are also pretty well priced. 

there are a couple of outfits on here but more on his/her website (www.SdeBStore.com) and some freebies !

eg : S.de.Sweat Pack For Genesis 8 Males | Daz 3D

Post edited by nick.townsend21_4517cbb5da on
  • I've used StreetWear: Jeans for Genesis on every figure released in the last nine years.

• CinnatwistCinnatwist Posts: 91
    edited November 2022

All these mentioned are also on my most-used list as well. SdeB makes some killer stuff, and same with the "StreetWear" line since I also use the SW T-shirt quite a lot as well. And all of these, even SDeB's content (which has been consistently updated for new Gens), are very old now.

Some similar quality content like these would be awesome, and I know some might think "Just use those and be happy", but this is the product suggestion place so if we can have dozens of sundresses and rogue and knight outfits and then some ... why not some new realistic clothing?

Post edited by Cinnatwist on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

those two items are quite good.  mal3imagery has a tacical outift (which i have never used, but might be good?) There are very few good Daz specific content.

I usually just use Marvelous Designer to sim high quality clothing from other marketplaces or Marvelous Designer garments.

• edited November 2022

lilweep said:

those two items are quite good.  mal3imagery has a tacical outift (which i have never used, but might be good?) There are very few good Daz specific content.

I usually just use Marvelous Designer to sim high quality clothing from other marketplaces or Marvelous Designer garments.

I've always wanted to have a play with Marvelous Designer, it's the cost that puts me off

Post edited by nick.townsend21_4517cbb5da on
  • Also, from the makers of really good male clothing : [Released] MI Henley Casual Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males [Commerical] - Daz 3D Forums

the uniform stuff looks very exciting 

• I still get a lot of use out of this set: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-ultimate-military-basic