Free Hourglass Model - Bryce obp format

Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
edited November 2022 in Bryce Discussion

Well, I had hoped that I could participate in the "Time" render contest, but I have too much on the plate right now.  However, that didn't stop me from creating a little something that y'all can use for the contest or in other renders: an hourglass model, made in Wings 3D. The model is in Bryce's obp format and is untextured, but each part has been assigned a logical name and family groups are named accordingly for ease of selecting and adding materials.  Hopefully, Bryce behaves and keeps everything labeled accordingly.  Go ahead use it and have fun and if you have any issues, please let me know.  

I tried to create some sand to include, but I kept doing something wrong and the mesh was messed up.  My suggestion is you make a duplicate of the hourglass shape and shrink just a little and then use terrains in strategic locations and using boolean operations to cut away what you don't need.  

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AomqqBl2jSMahLYgROc6h7Y9l63emA?e=n4Bhcv

Art

Hourglass.jpg
550 x 550 - 105K
Post edited by Fencepost52 on

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Thank you Fencepost.  I think that an empty hourglass could be quite useful.  Maybe someone will use it in the clock challenge.  It's very beautiful.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Thanks Fencepost, looks wonderful!

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Cool... Nice one. I just modeled an hourglass for this challenge.  Which was quit challenging to do.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Thanks Art, looks awesome 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117

Fencepost - thank you, got it, I'll see what I can do with it.

• its beautiful.... thank you Fencepost smiley

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,098

Fencepost : thank you, beautiful model.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Fencepost: A beautiful model. Thanks!

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

wow thanks a bunch it,s really lovely

edited December 2022

Fencepost's Hourglass - thanks again Art! The glass has white transparency at refraction 153. At the side of it the sand I made. I copied the glass, cut it with a two cubes, added 3 conus, grouped them and gave them a sand material, made it a tiny bit smaller, moved it into the glass and grouped everything together. The result is not impeccable but I think good enough.

Hourglass with Sand

AW-HG.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 180K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Looks great Horo.

• Yes.... it looks great Horo.

• Glad y'all like it and you're welcome.

Horo - Nice render and well done on the sand.  I know there's an easter egg in Bryce that produces small bubbles, but I don't recall how it's done.  I wonder if that would work for the grains that a falling from above? 

S Ray said:

Cool... Nice one. I just modeled an hourglass for this challenge.  Which was quit challenging to do.

I just took a look at your render and, not only is the overall render great, so is the modeling of the hourglass.  Very detailed and I can see why it was challenging to make.

Art 

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Horo the hour glass looks great.

NGartplay, Yellow Pen and mermaid - thank you.

Fencepost - the easter egg bubbles are too big for sand as I remember.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,098

Horo : great looking hourglass.

adbc - thank you. Fencepost made the hourglass I only cobbled together the sand.

• This is lovely! Thank you!