Why is there a subfolder called * Daz Originals * now ?

PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
edited December 2022 in Art Studio

[Why is there a subfolder called * Daz Originals * now ?] Why was it put in place, it worked fine without.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Possibly for a more streamlined structure.

• In Daz Studio or in content folders? The latter isn't a Daz Studio topic.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

Richard Haseltine said:

In Daz Studio or in content folders? The latter isn't a Daz Studio topic.

The products have now a subfolder called * Daz Originals * in the Content Folders.

Feel free to move this topic to a forum that is appropriate, I seem to always get it wrong devil

DoctorJellybean said:

Possibly for a more streamlined structure.

Yes, that makes sense, but since I am manually installing and have my content folder set up to how I like it, it means it is an extra step for me, and maybe others too. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,262

I have noticed a couple of PA's who used a so-named folder instead of their previously established vanity folder. Just seems to add more clutter.

NorthOf45 said:

I have noticed a couple of PA's who used a so-named folder instead of their previously established vanity folder. Just seems to add more clutter.

I do agree. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2022

My Content Library has so many folders used one time only for one product only via past one time naming mistakes in DAZ Store products I don't even bother fixing them anymore. And since it makes me want to fix them when I go through the folder searching for them, I don't go through looking for them. It's not worth the time it would take, especially when the next SSD upgrade means I've need to repeat the process for the same products all over again.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Moved to Art Studio since it is a non-technical, workflow/product question.

Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Art Studio since it is a non-technical, workflow/product question.

I do not see how this topic fits into the Art Studio forum.