Dragon 3 missing...

I am trying to load the dragon in my scene but I get that this is missing : /data/DAZ 3D/DAZ Dragon 3/Base/Dragon.dsf

I have re-installed the Dragon scene bundle, but the dragon3 does not seem to be there? Is it coming with DAZ software - can I find it anywhere else?

Been searching the Forums, but no luck - any ideas?

[Using DAZ 4.8 - which was updated from 4.7]

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

You need to buy Dragon 3. It doesn't come with Das Studio.

• Thanks Wendy. I saw that in the product below there is no prerequisite - so I thought the dragon was included... 

http://www.daz3d.com/slaying-the-dragon-bundle

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

Interestingly enough the lesson does not mention the Dragon in the list of assets, though it lists material presets and poses.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Strange that you're getting an error about Dragon 3, as the tutorial is supposed to use the SubDragon LE that is included in the Genesis Starter Essentials -- do you have Genesis Starter Essentials installed?

At what point in the tutorial do you get the error?

• I do have genesis starter essentials installed - or so I think. However when checking my smart content, I can see Genesis 2 Female, Gen 3 but not Genesis...

The error pops as soon I try to load the Ready to Render scene: Slaying the Dragon. The scene loads, but the dragon is shows as a set of boxes.

I am fairly new to DAZ - 3-4 months working with it... so excuse my amateurish descriptions :)

How did you install them?  Make sure Genesis Starter Essentials is installed to the same location.

Please let me know if you're still getting the error.

• It seems that Gen Starter essentials was never downloaded... It was in my IM as hidden - dont know why. Maybe cause I started with 4.7 and not any previous version... 

Anyway I have downloaded and installed and now all is OK!

Thanks for the help!