Suggestion For Daz Itself G8 Load Times

anaximanes_2000anaximanes_2000 Posts: 342
edited December 2022 in Product Suggestions
I'm not sure if this could even be a third party thing that could be bought, or if it would have to be something in-house. But last night I had a dream, when I went to bed I was very angry by the way because of how long my genesis 8 female load times are. In the dream I was using daz, and I was making my custom characters as per usual. However I had an option when I went to save as. I could save it as usual which apparently I always did in the dream, and then I saved a copy. The copy is where this goes different. Essentially what happened was whatever this choice was called, it sort of created a custom character. It took all of the morphs that were making up this character, and made it a standalone character. This setting meant that when loading the standalone version, my copy version, Daz did not load any extra morphs, it only loaded the Genesis 8 female expressions. Nothing that would shape the body or the head. In the dream that meant my load times went to almost nothing at all for these standalone copies. I still always saved the main version, for if I needed to change body shape or anything like that. But otherwise for the massive amount of my work, I was able to almost instantly load the character that could wear all the Genesis 8 clothes and use all of the expressions, but without loading all of the body and head morphs. I know that someone made a thing that you can go through and create lists and so on that allows this to load faster, but the fact is with the amount of work I do and the number of models I use, it would take me more time to go through and make all of these different lists and change them for every character every day then it is for me to go ahead and wait the 20 minutes or so for a single Genesis 8 female to load. So that would be my suggestion, inside of Daz somehow have it have an option when saving as to sort of save a standalone model.
Post edited by anaximanes_2000 on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

If it takes 20 minutes to load a G8 character, there is bound to be conflicts between the installed G8 content.

• This would not work - firstly, you need the component morphs for the various corrections to those morphs (for other morphs or for joint bends) to kick in correctly; secondly, Daz Studio needs to read all of the installed morphs to display sliders and to make sure all needed corrective links are established. It is setting up the corrective links between morphs that takes time.

You can uninstall unneeded shapes abd characters, or use RiverSoft Art's Turbo Loader tool to temporarily disable them https://www.daz3d.com/turbo-loader-for-genesis-8-and-81