Carrara Home Planet?

I picked up some great stuff in the Sale (so much for spending less this month) including Home Planet. The description of this says it includes Carrara scene files. My product library only shows Poser and Daz Studio installers, no Carrara installer, and I can't find any Carrara scene files in either of these.

I should be able to load either the Poser or Daz Studio versions into Carrara, but should I have a native Carrara version as well? And if so, where is it?

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

If you want a Carrara version, you save it in your browser/My objects and you have a .car file...

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

If you open DIM and click on Home Planet in the Installed Products list, it'll bring up the file list and where they are installed.

Carrara scenes usually go into Presets, so you get to them via the Open Preset menu, but as DUDU mentioned, once you have it open, you can also save it to your object browser..

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,615

If you open DIM and click on Home Planet in the Installed Products list, it'll bring up the file list and where they are installed.

Carrara scenes usually go into Presets, so you get to them via the Open Preset menu, but as DUDU mentioned, once you have it open, you can also save it to your object browser..

I tried that and it isn't showing any Carrara Scene files, and nothing at all going into the Carrara content directories. It's all going into the Daz Studio library and Poser runtime.

DUDU said:

If you want a Carrara version, you save it in your browser/My objects and you have a .car file...

If you mean import the Poser or Daz Studio version and save it as a Carrara scene, I understand that. I just thought that there was a version optimised for Carrara included with the product.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

There should be a separate Carrara zip -- do you have your DIM download filters set to show Carrara products?  Or does your Product Library not show the Carrara version?

There should be a separate Carrara zip -- do you have your DIM download filters set to show Carrara products?  Or does your Product Library not show the Carrara version?

I normally do manual installs. My Product Library only shows 2 zip files, the Ps and the DS versions.

I do have Install manager installed so I tried that as well. I had all versions of Carrara selected except <7, so I switched this on as well just in case. Install manager shows other Carrara stuff I have bought but still no Carrara version of Home Planet

Could you file a bug report that the Carrara version is missing?

OK. I've submitted a help request #198785

OK. I've submitted a help request #198785

Thank you

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

I normally do manual installs. My Product Library only shows 2 zip files, the Ps and the DS versions.

I own the product and now see the same thing in my Product Library.  But when I originally bought it, I got the following files:

Home Planet                                             
    --------------------------------------------------
    \Uvavoo\                                          
    \Uvavoo\HomePlanet\                               
    \Uvavoo\HomePlanet\Scenes\                        
    RSearth+Moon.car                                  
    RSearthHigh+Moon.car                              
    RSearthVHRez+Moon.car                             
    RSMoon.car                                        
    \Uvavoo\HomePlanet\Textures\                      
    CloudmapBump.jpg                                  
    CloudmapGeneral.jpg                               
    CloudmapHi.jpg                                    
    EarthDisp.jpg                                     
    EarthGeneral.jpg                                  
    EarthHigh.jpg                                     
    EarthSpecular.jpg                                 
    EarthVeryHigh.jpg                                 
    EarthVeryHighDisp.jpg                             
    moonbump4k.jpg                                    
    moonmap14k.jpg                                    
    StarField.jpg         

So the Carrara version of the product seems to have disappeared from my Product Library.  I even re-downloaded the Poser version, no luck.  Hopefully your Help Request will get it sorted out.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

many carrara versions of stuff have gone missing

I was surprised how many there were when I fossicked through my old drive the other month and added them to my current one

I was surprised how many there were when I fossicked through my old drive the other month and added them to my current one

Can you report them please?

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

I wonder if we should start a thread where people can add to a list?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

Can you report them please?

if I can recall which ones, you see I fixed them cheeky , guess can look what I have .car files for and see if in DIM if in DIM that is, not sure all are in that anyway but still in installers.

The Carrara verison of Home Planet is back. Helpdesk found it and I have downloaded and installed it now.