Laundry Rooms observation

Over the years I've bought and used a great many item here and most have been excellent.  One thing I've noticed however that I've always been curious about is the number of "homes" or "houses" that lack a laundry room. Not saying that they all lack one of course.  Some have one.  But many do not.

Living Room?  Check. 

Bathroom?  Check. 

Kitchen?  Check.

Bed Room?  Check. 

Laundry Room?  Hmmm.   Nope.  Nothing.

Apartments I can understand as in real life they have a group laundry room when they don't have their own (though it would be nice to have at least a closet in the apartment for shoving washer and dryer objects into).  But houses should have laundry facilities and a laundry room.  Even vacation rentals have them in real life.  Not sure why so few 3D house and home offerings simply leave that rather important bit of architecture out.

Just curious.

Comments

• My real life Victorian house doesn't have a specific laundry room, and neither did the two I had before this one. We have a washing machine in the kitchen. This house, being posher and more expensive than the previous two once had a wash house with a copper in the back yard, but that was demolished in the 1980's when the house was brought back from being nearly derelict. So, for me and my UK houses, having a laundry room would be unusual, not the other way round. Regards, Richard.
  • There is a laundry room in this Modern Bungalow floor plan.