Carpet sweeper

lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635
edited December 2022 in Product Suggestions

I have need of a carpet sweeper. I found one at Turbosquid but it's way too expensive for me. If anyone has come across another reasonably priced/free one' I'd greatly appreciate a link.

blacks-rubbermaid-commercial-products-sweepers-fg421288bla-64_1000.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 14K
Post edited by lorraineopua on

Comments

• I may try to make one this evening. Will see if I have time.

Regards,

Richard.

• Have started. Modelled the body and the handle (except where the 3 sections can separate). Next need to model 4 wheels, dirt collector trays and the brush. After that it's the small matter of transfer to obj, surface allocation, Tex mapping, into DS, rigging and then creating the installation zip. Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy said:

Have started. Modelled the body and the handle (except where the 3 sections can separate). Next need to model 4 wheels, dirt collector trays and the brush. After that it's the small matter of transfer to obj, surface allocation, Tex mapping, into DS, rigging and then creating the installation zip. Regards, Richard.

Oh my gosh, you wonderful man!!!! I literally sat here with my gob wide open and then squealed. You have made my day heart

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,500
    edited December 2022

Please forgive me for taking so long with this little sweeper. For some reason I had to re-mesh part of the top of the body by hand. A number of the facets weren't playing nicely and you could see distortions in the rendered result. 

I have now modelled all the parts and have Tex mapped them, brought the individual parts into DS and applied materials. This is shown in the two attached renders. Now I have the bits as separate models, I need to combine them into one so I can import back into DS for the rigging.

Too tired today, tomorrow I have a big meeting with a customer and I will be too tired to do anything after getting home. So, I hope to do it Tuesday or Wednesday.

The plan is to have the two dust cups pivot around the wheel shaft, the brush bar has 10 brushes and will rig it to rotate with the wheels. The handle will be rigged to rotate fore and aft, and I'll add a handle length morph.

Regards,

Richard.

CarpetSweeper R01.png
    764 x 1080 - 129K
    CarpetSweeper R02.png
    764 x 1080 - 227K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Wow, that's looking wonderful!

• Done. Hope you like it. It's in this thread in the Freebie forum: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/609481/carpet-sweeper-prop 

Regards,

Richard.

• Thank you SO MUCH!!!

• My pleasure. Regards, Richard