Looking for handbra and breastfeeding poses for G8F

caraTRON.7263caraTRON.7263 Posts: 37
edited December 2022 in Product Suggestions

Two types of poses that I feel ought to exist, but I haven't been able to find them in the Daz Store.

The first is an upper body pose for G8F that has the woman covering her breasts with both hands; [link removed].  I figure this is probably here somewhere and I'm just not using the right search terms; I've tried searching directly for things like "handbra" or "covering breasts," and have tried looking at pose packages that seem like they could be used for a nude modelling scene, but neither has turned up this particular pose or anything similar to it.  Does anybody know of something like this?

Other variations on the "handbra/armbra" concept would potentially be appreciated, but the key thing I'm looking for is as I said.

Another thing which I'm less interested in using at the moment, but which I'll ask about while I'm here and since it's somewhat related (and because I think these are the only two type of poses that I've significantly looked for but haven't been able to find), is breastfeeding poses for a G8F and baby figure. (Or, for that matter, one in which the second figure could be either a baby or other types of G8 figures would also suffice.)  This seems inherently tricky to me, as it strikes me as possibly a bit too risque for the Daz Store, yet paradoxially not risque ENOUGH for the kinds of websites that deal in NSFW Daz assets; but it's a common enough thing that one might want to depict in a scene, that I figure it must be availabe somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic. Link removed - the desciption should be clear, if not it needs an example that has clothes on or that requires a log-in to view 9and not on an "adult" site).

• Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic. Link removed - the desciption should be clear, if not it needs an example that has clothes on or that requires a log-in to view 9and not on an "adult" site).

How can I be more clear about the description?  It was a model using her hands to cover her breasts.  Also, is it not safe to assume that people know what the term "handbra" means?

It seems like it would be difficult to find an image of an equivalent pose with clothes on, since the pose is pretty fundamentally tied to not having clothes on; so again, how can I link an example properly?

• I meant that your description was clear, and so people should be able to understand what you want. I would think there were images in which a woman adopts the pose while wearing clothes, if only a swimsuit or underwear.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

Those wanting to participate in this thread please do not post images unless they are clothed within the guidelines of the ToS.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872
    edited December 2022

Having been around for a few years here and other places, these poses would be pretty niche.  Cool but niche.
    Never saw any exact like those.  Maybe missed. But not likely.

Part of the fun or issue is that breasts can appear in so many sizes and shapes.
    So making a pose for breasts may leave alot of users put-off or whatevs, cos the pose doesn't fit their breast.
    And making morphs would be so much work.

That said,
    (1) Hand-bra.  
    Can suggest a pose set.  But it's at another site which dwells on adult stuff, and some you have to ignore, if not your thing.
    Hint: look up Thunder-3D and something like - breast squeeze.
    Though poses are advertised as part of geograft - will work on just base G8F.
    Bonus is pose set accomodates 2 sizes of breasts.
    If you want to know which one, send me a DM here, and will write more clearly.
    Just unclear of DAZ TOS in this instance. Or how to do else-wise.
    If mod want to clarify would be great.

(2) Breastfeeding
    Never saw those poses either.  
    Big thing is deciding what poses female-child would be in. Standing, laying, etc.
    Again you might find some of the adult poses would work.
    Probably closest thing?

If you prefer to stay away from adult, the only other vendor you could look at in my mind is DM at renderosity.
    She makes tons of super quality pose sets.
    Some may be a good start for hand bra.  Likely just one side then try to symmetrize. 
    Maybe even breast-feeding, if you get creative.  
    Though again guess the adult stuff would be a better starting point once you have poses filtered.

PS. Didn't need images. Think anyone who has looked at fashion knows about hand-bras for topless females.  It's a well known fashion pose. smiley

At mods: Could you clarify again please.  Was pretty sure a form of nudity was allowed, so long as whole figure was like gray shaded, or clay, etc, so not recognizable as humman female, so no hair, and of course nipples zeroed and no specific gentials shown . ie just base figure.  

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

Saxa -- SD said:

At mods: Could you clarify again please.  Was pretty sure a form of nudity was allowed, so long as whole figure was like gray shaded, or clay, etc, so not recognizable as humman female, so no hair, and of course nipples zeroed and no specific gentials shown . ie just base figure.  

The images that were removed were photographs.

edited December 2022

Update. Seems spoke again not 100%. Yes poses do work on G8F. But not completely. There are also some key morphs on geografts to finish the look. Sorry.
    Just not making time to check everything and explain it 100%.  Piece-meal will have to do i guess.  Rarely make time to explain stuff fully here.  Another reason don't post much - Time thing.  Sorry still.

@Gordig Some people could see images and think renders too. Especially newer people.  But still good to clarify.

• caraTRON.7263caraTRON.7263 Posts: 37
    edited December 2022

There is a free with D/S environment product called "DM's Memorial," and until just now I thought it meant "The place where the Dungeon Master is buried."

Saxa -- SD said:

Update. Seems spoke again not 100%. Yes poses do work on G8F. But not completely. There are also some key morphs on geografts to finish the look. Sorry.
    Just not making time to check everything and explain it 100%.  Piece-meal will have to do i guess.  Rarely make time to explain stuff fully here.  Another reason don't post much - Time thing.  Sorry still.

@Gordig Some people could see images and think renders too. Especially newer people.  But still good to clarify.

Think I found the product you're talking about, and was pretty excited about it until I realized it's an add-on for a graft.  Drat it.

For the primary scene I want to use it for, it MIGHT still work with the graft included; I'll have to think about it.  I don't really mind browsing through Renderotica though, so in the meantime I'll see if the artist has anything else that might work or if I can find anything else on the site.

Also browsed through all of DM's catelogue.  Plenty of sexy stuff and some things I might use in the future, but nothing actually designed for a nude model.

EDIT - It has a "small to medium version" that seems to be intended for regular G8 characters, so I think it might be fine...

Post edited by caraTRON.7263 on
  • In 2006 I did an image called 'Maid of Glass' with a transparent V3 effectively covering her chest with a hand bra. It's dated 28 September 2008 and is possible to get to on the last page of my Rendo gallery here: https://www.renderosity.com/users/richardandtracy/gallery?sort=newest&page=4

If the mods permit a direct link to the not the slightest bit NSFW image, it's here: https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/1287637/maid-of-glass

The image is not the slightest bit NSFW - as the figure is transparent, has transparent hands over transparent chest and wearing non-transparent bikini bottoms, but avoid looking if you do not wish to see it, please.

Anyway, if that's what is wanted, I could convert the pose to G8F later today. Chances are you'd need to adapt the pose a little for any chest size larger than 'very small' (I wanted a SFW image and that needed the chest to be covered as well as a transparent figure could).

The other option is.. Pose it yourself (as I did with that image above), it isn't too difficult, and it's very satisfying.

Regards,

Richard

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited December 2022

I am pretty sure baby cradling poses exist that could be used for breastfeeding, maybe not for genesis 8 though

if you can convert https://www.sharecg.com/v/85510/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Mama-Baby-Gensis-and-Genesis-2-Female

the genesis 1 should work with pose controls adjusted legs out 6, 6 arms up 45

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

The main promo pic has a pose that could easily be used for breastfeeding;

https://www.daz3d.com/family-poses-for-caryn-and-tobyn-with-genesis-8

• richardandtracy said:

In 2006 I did an image called 'Maid of Glass' with a transparent V3 effectively covering her chest with a hand bra. It's dated 28 September 2008 and is possible to get to on the last page of my Rendo gallery here: https://www.renderosity.com/users/richardandtracy/gallery?sort=newest&page=4

If the mods permit a direct link to the not the slightest bit NSFW image, it's here: https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/1287637/maid-of-glass

The image is not the slightest bit NSFW - as the figure is transparent, has transparent hands over transparent chest and wearing non-transparent bikini bottoms, but avoid looking if you do not wish to see it, please.

Anyway, if that's what is wanted, I could convert the pose to G8F later today. Chances are you'd need to adapt the pose a little for any chest size larger than 'very small' (I wanted a SFW image and that needed the chest to be covered as well as a transparent figure could).

The other option is.. Pose it yourself (as I did with that image above), it isn't too difficult, and it's very satisfying.

Regards,

Richard

renderosity links should usually be fine, one has to be logged in to view theb  image and it isn't an adult site (though we do rserve the right to reject the odd one if it is a bit too risque or otherwise problematic).

edited December 2022

Just wanted to say, relieved you wrote that and happy some ideas were close in some fashion.
    DAZ forums seem to  less commonly deal with this.  
    Reason why made the time to post those. Just nice to see those interests here.

caraTRON.7263 said:

There is a free with D/S environment product called "DM's Memorial," and until just now I thought it meant "The place where the Dungeon Master is buried."

Lol, ya,  Dungeon Master would be a good interpretation.   Never thought of that though know Dungeon Mastering well.

but nothing actually designed for a nude model.

EDIT - It has a "small to medium version" that seems to be intended for regular G8 characters, so I think it might be fine...

How do you mean DM's stuff is not meant for nude model?

Sadly, small-med not gonna work all the way either.   The geograft's added 'collision' morphs are more like a shaping preset.  Thinking about it more, final shape is too incomplete without.  With Zevo's Breast Control product for G8F (yup still  another package) you could get something closer, but still not the same.  

• richardandtracy said:

That's basically exactly it, yes.  Are you able to make it a partial pose for the upper body?  If not, I imagine I can still use it with other lower body poses so long as I load the partial lower pose second, right?

Thanks very much! =D

WendyLuvsCatz said:

pose controls adjusted legs out 6, 6 arms up 45

I don't understand what this means.

PerttiA said:

The main promo pic has a pose that could easily be used for breastfeeding;

https://www.daz3d.com/family-poses-for-caryn-and-tobyn-with-genesis-8

Really?  The head really isn't near the nipple.  Seems as though the baby's orientation relative to the body, and more importantly relative to the arms, would need to be adjusted substantially.  Or is that easier to do than I think it is?

Saxa -- SD said:

Just wanted to say, relieved you wrote that and happy some ideas were close in some fashion.
    DAZ forums seem to  less commonly deal with this.  
    Reason why made the time to post those. Just nice to see those interests here.

I got the product, but I can't get the poses to show up in Daz Studio, despite seemingly putting the files in the right place.  I even resorted to copying some of the files into the same folder as the poses for another product, but still nothing.  I was going to make a thread about it but just haven't yet.

How do you mean DM's stuff is not meant for nude model?

What I mean is that none of her products seem to be made with the specific assumption that the character is nude, and so I wouldn't expect to find this pose in them.

With Zevo's Breast Control product for G8F (yup still  another package)

I have that, actually.

•  

WendyLuvsCatz said:

pose controls adjusted legs out 6, 6 arms up 45

I don't understand what this means.

genesis 1 is in a t pose

genesis 8 is in an A pose

so the pose controls under parameters need to be used to adjust it after applying those free breastfeeding poses

they will work on genesis 3 as that is also a t pose based figure if you choose that option  

edited December 2022

caraTRON.7263 said:

I got the product, but I can't get the poses to show up in Daz Studio, despite seemingly putting the files in the right place.  I even resorted to copying some of the files into the same folder as the poses for another product, but still nothing.  I was going to make a thread about it but just haven't yet.

Thunders zip has 2 directories. Documents (not important here)  and My Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Poses\Thunder-3D\***product name **.

Did you copy and paste that AFTER first entering my library so that my library is not in any way part of the data file structure? 

So, exact is copy ""People" which will contain People\Genesis 8 Female\Poses\Thunder-3D\***product name **\pose file names" then paste in same folder as data, props, environment, people, etc.?  Will ask you to overwrite people but really it's just adding if you are pasting.

Just wanna make sure you are aware that this file structure must be totally right. Wasn't sure what you meant by "resorted to copying some of the files into the same folder as the poses " .  If you copied just the poses (no file folder) to join directly the other products poses, then just right click "refresh".  Usually one folder above will do for this refresh but to be safe you could go up to Daz Studio formats and rfersh there and recheck again in lower directories.

What I mean is that none of her products seem to be made with the specific assumption that the character is nude, and so I wouldn't expect to find this pose in them.

K, gotcha.  Think am viewing what nude poses can be as quite different, lol.

edited December 2022

caraTRON.7263 said:

Really?  The head really isn't near the nipple.  Seems as though the baby's orientation relative to the body, and more importantly relative to the arms, would need to be adjusted substantially.  Or is that easier to do than I think it is?

Does become easy to do when you get familiar with all the posing tools.  Guessing like most who have been around here for a while.    Probably still a 2-5 minute-job to adjust to how you want depending on this and that.

Having a library of quick poses to get you started and your creativity going can be quite helpful.. 

• OK, I have done 11 different hand bra poses based on base G8F, the G8F Body Morph pack breast sizes 01 to 08 and breasts small. I also did my favourite character who has a very small chest. All have full and partial morphs. The partial poses pose the upper and lower chest, pectorals, arms and hands only.

The thread in the freebie forum is here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/608701/g8f-hand-bra-poses

I do hope that they are useful.

Regards,

Richard.

edited December 2022

I am having the same difficulty in finding Richard's poses in Daz Studio as I was with the product that Saxa led me to.  However I've just realized that I don't think I'm looking for them in the correct way, so I'm going to start by asking about that instead of about whether I'm installing them properly.

The directory path in the zip file for Richard's poses is "People\Genesis 8 Female\Poses\ChestnutP\G8F Hand Bra".  Forget for the moment about where I am supposed to copy this "People" folder to on my computer, and assume that I have done it correctly.  Given the names of the subfolders as shown above, and given that we're talking specifically about files for poses (as opposed to files for morphs, figures, clothing etc), how would I go about accessing these poses?

If you think that's a stupid question, read the rest of this post.  If you don't want to listen to me ramble, you can stop here and we can see whether answering that question solves my problem. cheeky  Either way, thanks very much Richard for making those poses for me!

Here is why I ask this.  For poses from products that I purchased in the Daz Store and downloaded and installed using Daz Central - that is, the ones that I am able to access - there are three ways that I know of to access them.  One is by going to the "Smart Content" tab in the left pane, and scrolling to or searching for the product in question.  Most of these products have a nice fancy cover icon, but I'm not sure whether I can expect to find products like Richard's in the same manner since it's not a "real" product.  If I could, I would guess that I could find it in Smart Content tab under the name "GF8 Hand Bra," or possibly "ChestnutP"; but I'm not sure whether I should be expecting to be able to do that, and in any case it's not showing up in that way.

The second methood is by going to the "Content Library" tab, aslo in the left pane, expanding "Products" and finding the product by alphabetical name.  As with the first method, I'm sure sure whether I can expect to find the poses in this way since it's not a "real product," and, again, I'm not finding them.

The third method is by going to the Context Library tab and searching for the pose in the search bar at the top.  This method, I would expect to be able to find the poses so long as I have installed them correctly; however, I don't understand how the search terms correlate to the pose files.  Searching for more words seems to increase the results rather than narrow them (suggesting that it's looking for any of the terms rather than all of them), so trying to find either a product or a pose who name consists entirely of generic words like "G8F Hand Bra" or "G8F Default Chest Full" seems doomed to failure; but also, searching for a word pulls up files that don't have that word in their name.  For example, if I search for "bodybuilder," I find all of the posing files for Z Sexy Bodybuilder, but many of said posing files don't actually have the word "bodybuilder" in their name, instead having names like "Z SB Btm 01 G8F."  So again, assuming I've installed the files correctly, how should I expect to find the poses I'm looking for?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,297
    edited December 2022

Both Smart Content and the Products (and Categories) containers in the Content Library (and also all the Presets tabs in property panes) depend on the files' having been added to the database. The daz installers do that for you, some other content will come with the necessary metadata but it will have to be imported first (Content Library option menu, the lined/"hamburger" button in the top corner or right-click the tab, select Content DB Maintenance, and check reimport metadata, then check the iems you want to add in the next dialogue - this has nothing to do with installing the files, it's for accessing the installed files through the databse). The three ... Formats containers in the Content Library do show the actual files on disc, except for the first entry, Daz Connect, which is for files installed through Daz Studio itself and is dependeent on the database.

So, to be sure you hae the poses installed correctly go to the Content Library pane>Daz Studio Formats>The Content directory you installed to>People>Genesis 8 Female>Poses>ChestnutP>G8F Hand Bra. If the files are theer you can apply them by double-click as usual

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

So, to be sure you hae the poses installed correctly go to the Content Library pane>Daz Studio Formats>The Content directory you installed to>People>Genesis 8 Female>Poses>ChestnutP>G8F Hand Bra. If the files are theer you can apply them by double-click as usual

Yep, THAT works just fine.  Glory hallelujah, this has been puzzling me for almost three full days.  Merci.

Why, then, do the files not show up when I use the search bar?  Does this also require adding the files to the database?  Or does it have something to do with what I said above about the file name seemingly not being what is actually being searched?

Content Library option menu, the lined/"hamburger" button in the top corner or right-click the tab, select Content DB Maintenance, and check reimport metadata, then check the iems you want to add in the next dialogue

I got to the Import Metadata menu, but neither this product nor Saxa's one are there.  I painstakingly scrolled thorugh every item available (since they are not in alphabetical order), and they are not there.  Why might that be?  Going by the Daz Studio Formats the files are in the correct place (two of the correct places, in fact).

One odd thing is that although the poses seem to work, when I double click them I get a dialog which I've attached a screenshot of below.  I feel like I'm getting the same result whichever option I pick, and again it doesn't appear to be causing a problem for the poses working properly, so I'm mainly wondering why this is coming up.

preset exceeds limits.jpg
    400 x 126 - 18K
  • I'm sorry you've been having a bit of difficulty installing and finding the poses, but I'm glad that is sorted now. I first started using DAZ Studio when it was version 0.7.something in 2005, before all the smart content stuff was dreamt of, and haven't felt the need to use it since I returned to DS in 2019 having had a 10/11 year break. I got used to manual installation of content, feeling quite comfortable with it, and never risked using another program messing up the organisation I have.  As a result, I am not sure how to create the smart content files or what categories could be used.

As for the message, please click on 'Turn Limits Off'. One way I think of limits is that they are an indicator of pose comfort. If you need to go beyond the default limits, the pose will be a increasingly uncomfortable the further you go past the limit until it becomes impossible. If the limit is only broken by a little (as with these) they will be a little uncomfortable to hold for a while if done by a real person. In the case of these poses, I'm sure they would be uncomfortable after more than a minute or two. The bend at the elbow would be the first joint to give a bit of a protest, then the wrist. I did try out these poses myself to verify the poses (much to my wife's amusement, given my non-existant chest and my hands trying to hide an imaginary bust at a distance of an inch so from my jumper), and they are slightly uncomfortable, but possible. And similar poses with the elbows further from the torso and closer to the torso are more uncomfortable than these poses (for me, at least) so I stuck with the least uncomfortable variation.

Regards,

Richard 

edited December 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Both Smart Content and the Products (and Categories) containers in the Content Library (and also all the Presets tabs in property panes) depend on the files' having been added to the database.

Ahhh. Am using DIM/and manual for 3party, and not using Smart Content.  So did not know smart content users had this extra step.  Makes sense though. 

Can distribute that to my Categories, just refresh first to see it, and it works fine as double-click.  Don't use Products.

Glad poses now seem to be working.  smiley