Creating A Master Shader That References Multiple Domains?

Hi, I was wondering: Is it possible to set up a master shader that references all the shading domains on a list?

I like using Toon plugs, and I love Toon Pro's set it and forget it script, but I also want to use YAToon 2 too.  It's fine most of the time, because I generally want to do things with Aiko, who looks okay with like two skin shaders, and a nails shader.

The problem is when I want to do something that I want to keep the texture to, like the Genesis Catgirl.  It's kind of a pain to set YAToon for each domain, so I was wondering if there was an easier, far less time consuming way.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

I'm not sure about that.

As an alternative, can you set up the shader and then save the multi-domain shader to your shader browser? Also, while I can't answer your question fully, have you tried the Consolidate Duplicate Shaders command under the Edit Menu?

Forgive me if you know this already, but once you have set up the shaders on a figure or object with multiple shading domains, you can save all the shaders for that figure or object at once, by dragging and dropping the multi-colored ball at the top of the shading domain list to the shader browser. To use it again, drag the shader's thumbnail from the browser and drop it onto the multi-colored ball at the top of the figure's shading domain list.

So, for example, you could use tweak and adjust the shaders for an A3, save it to the browser and then apply it to another A3. As long as the shading domains are the same it should work. This is why I like the gen4 figures because a V4, A4, G4, etc. all have the same domains and can be used interchangeably.

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited August 2015

No, I didn't know that.  Now I have that, I can play with ideas when I get home from work. :) Thanks!

And I do use the consilidate shaders option, not on Genesis.  Huh.

ETA: Consolidating it does bring down the shader count by a lot.  Thanks.  That's a bit more manageable! :)

Post edited by AeonicB on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

be warned though consolidating shaders can break the ability to load some pz2 shaders from your runtime after if you change your mind.

you can of course just swap out the maps if this happens.