Amputee and flying limbs

BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hey all -- So I had a question about a month back that I found a solution to so I thought I'd share.

If you want to have an amputee, simply click on the body part in your Instance tree and up at the top, right under "Misc" is a check box called Visible. Simply uncheck it and voila!

This obviously has a lot of uses. For instance, to avoid any poke-through issues, I now blank out everything from legs to chests to feet and hands, etc. That was always possible in the Shaders folder by simply knocking out the transparency, but this is a bit quicker.

On a more cinematic use for this, if you wanted to have a character, say, get their arm chopped off in animation, you could use this technique to have a stand-alone arm partnered with a character so that the motions matched identically. Then when the arm or head (or whatever) is lopped off, you can simply separate them accordingly.

:)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited December 1969

I still prefer an "invisible" shader I use (zero everything) but at times this is also handy, esp for asymmetrical invisibility (like your lopped limb)

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Hi BC Rice. Thanks for info.

In the Model room(vertex mode) you can select polygons of a skinned figure/object and, View->Hide Selection. The hidden polygons won't be visible in the final render. This should also work for poke throughs, limbs etc. on figures. Im using an older version of C8 and you may need to check, then uncheck, 'Display skining bounding boxes' of the mesh object(General tab) in the Assemble room to view.