Problem with Terra-Tropolis install

I just purchaed the Terra-Nova landscape designs. My install manager popped up an error msg saying the following:

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Terra-Tropolis" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7, 6, 5" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again."

I do not use bryce. I'm pretty confused. In compatible software it mentions DAZ studio and bryce. so what's the problem?

this is pretty urgent, please help!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

If there isn't a separate download for the .jpg's to use in other programs, extract them manually, or else add a dummy path for Bryce in DIM Settings > Applications.  From the Product Page it doesn't have DS/Poser library files, just instructions on how to use the jpg's as displacement maps.

• adamraveadamrave Posts: 23
    edited August 2015

If there isn't a separate download for the .jpg's to use in other programs, extract them manually, or else add a dummy path for Bryce in DIM Settings > Applications.  From the Product Page it doesn't have DS/Poser library files, just instructions on how to use the jpg's as displacement maps.

I feel like a fool! No idea how to do that :( Maybe I should just buy bryce?

Post edited by adamrave on
  • Click the gear icon at top-right of the DIM interface to open Preferences

Go to the Applications tab

Click the + button to add a new application

Click the button under name, currently showing DAZ Studio, and select Bryce

Click the ... button next to the path box and select a folder - somewhere you can find it, as you just want to look at what is installed.

Click Accept, then again in the preferences dialogue.

Try installing again.

Click the gear icon at top-right of the DIM interface to open Preferences

Go to the Applications tab

Click the + button to add a new application

Click the button under name, currently showing DAZ Studio, and select Bryce

Click the ... button next to the path box and select a folder - somewhere you can find it, as you just want to look at what is installed.

Click Accept, then again in the preferences dialogue.

Try installing again.

ok.. so i did all of that and it installed. Now I can't find it when I bring up Daz platform. suggestions?

• They are textures, according to the product page, so you will need to load them onto a plane through the Surfaces pane - there are supposed to be instructions. What has been added to the fake Bryce folder?

They are textures, according to the product page, so you will need to load them onto a plane through the Surfaces pane - there are supposed to be instructions. What has been added to the fake Bryce folder?

looks like a bunch of shapes.. seems to have installed the correct stuff, I just cant locate it, even in the surface pane. thoughts?

Is there a readme or pdf in the installed files?

Is there a readme or pdf in the installed files?

nope.. nothing like that

man.. this is so annoying. I just wanted to create some skylines and city scapes.. this is such a headache! 

I guess thats that? No one can help me with this? I need to buy bryce?

edited August 2015

My apologies for the delay, I have asked DAZ 3D about the issue but have not received a response yet.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • In Install Manager find the entry for the product in the Installed tab, click the triangle button to the right and from the menu select Installed files. Are there any items other than .obp files listed?

In Install Manager find the entry for the product in the Installed tab, click the triangle button to the right and from the menu select Installed files. Are there any items other than .obp files listed?

there is one .obp file and the rest are all .jpg

• The jpgs should be the files you need then - create a new plane primitive (assuming this is 3Delight the default resolution will do; if you use Iray increase the resolution). In the Surfaces pane select the plane's surface (Default) find the Displacement setting, click the little square to the left, Browse..., select one of those jpgs. Set the strength to 100%, set Min to 0, set Max to 100, and try rendering.

The jpgs should be the files you need then - create a new plane primitive (assuming this is 3Delight the default resolution will do; if you use Iray increase the resolution). In the Surfaces pane select the plane's surface (Default) find the Displacement setting, click the little square to the left, Browse..., select one of those jpgs. Set the strength to 100%, set Min to 0, set Max to 100, and try rendering.

ok cool.. that worked. Thanks! However, Is there no way to see what I'm doing and how things are going to look before I hit render? I'd like to be able to create a full city scape, going to be hard to do if I need to guess where things are going. Any idea?

When I do a render.. I get something like this with each .jpg, (see attached) 

I have no idea what to do with that. Anyone? Please?

bldng.png
    700 x 910 - 127K

I've been messing around for hours and I believe I figured out most of it.. the one thing I don't understand is why the color turns out the way it is in the attached image. any idea how to make it look like actual buildings with windows and detail etc. Frustrating but I guess i'm learning faster than you're able to respond :P

bldng3.png
    700 x 393 - 387K
  • I'm not sure; it could be the colour depth of the image or JPG artefacts - with only 256 levels from black to white the limited bit depth will produce big steps between colour vlaues, which will make noise noticeable - but it might simply be the geometry resolution in which case converting to SubD might help (Edit>Object>Geometry>Convert to SubD...).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

As you are struggling so much with this one, have you thought of looking at some of the Dystopia products, including this one which would give you an idea of how they are,

http://www.daz3d.com/dystopia-city-blocks-011-020-lwo

• That is the Lightwave version, which won't work in DS. The Poser versions should: http://www.daz3d.com/dystopia-city-blocks-001-010-poser

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Oops  blush

That is the Lightwave version, which won't work in DS. The Poser versions should: http://www.daz3d.com/dystopia-city-blocks-001-010-poser

so i just installed the version of Dystopia that you lnked me to.. It installed but this is what happens when I try to load it... see attached file. where do I go from here?

Untitled-1.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 144K

Those are the textures -- you need to load the objects from Poser Formats > Figures or Props.  There should also be DAZ Studio-optimized materials in DAZ Studio Formats > Dystopia > City Blocks.

Those are the textures -- you need to load the objects from Poser Formats > Figures or Props.  There should also be DAZ Studio-optimized materials in DAZ Studio Formats > Dystopia > City Blocks.

ok.. things are moving! thanks again. Here's another issue i'm having (see attached)... all the cwindows turn out white like this. Any idea how I can get the windows to look like wondows? Same with the ground, it just comes out black like that. 

tt.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 352K

Are you using the DS mats or the Poser mats?  3delight or Iray?

Problem solved! Thank you :)