3d animation tutorial. CARRARA Solving Aniblock import issue (missing data)

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited August 2015 in Carrara Discussion

How to overcome inserting animation data that wont match up to the figure you are using. 

In my case the hip and one arm kept ignoring the animation data coming in. 

To overcome this use a plain base character, create an NLA clip, import the figure and then assign the clip to your master figure.

I explain more in the video.

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Interesting work around - good work (as usual!).

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited August 2015

I have never had the grayed out body part problem (unless I render invisible the body part myself), but I had a clip where I had deleted the hip and the abdomen parts and now I wanted those body parts back. I introduced the same character with another animation, made an NLA clip, deleted the character, introduced the new clip below it in the timeline with only the hip and abdomen parameters activated. It works. Thanks for the tip!

Post edited by argus1000 on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Hi Steve,.

Can you remember which aniblock (s) you had problems with,.? ....I'd like to prod it with a stick and see whats gone wonky.

I've never seen issues importing animation which would make figure parts greyed out,. but I have had issues importing BVH (where the figure's HIP must be selected)  and issues where different body parts were already controllded by something else, even another NLA clip,. and the solution to that is to adjust the parameters for the clip or track to specify which figure parts are being animated by that clip.

Also,. Instead of importing a figure/scene file to get a replacement clip into your scene,. you can save ithe animation to your "My Clips" section of the browser,. ...and build a library of clips

Carrara can work with multiple files at the same tile, so it's easy to create a new scene, to make a new asset, then Copy/Paste between open scenes, or save to the browser and load into another scene,.. then delete the new open scene where you created the new asset.

You can also save your Aniblocks as DS animation DUF, or Poser PZ2 animation from Daz3D Studio, which avoids selecting the hip to import the data in carrara since those are applied as a  pose file and can be saved into your Poser/Daz poses library and loaded from there.

• Hi -

I'm a big fan of AniBlocks and do all my animation work inside of Carrara - but haven't done much with either over the last few months.  In the past, I had frequent problems where i would build a set of aniblocks inside of DAZ Studio - but there would often be a number of difference when I tried to bring it into Carrara via the AniBlock importer (difference might be minor like position of hand moving a bit -but it would often mean the hand or was buried in the figure's chest (or foot in the other leg) so I'd have to manually go through and start correcting things inside of Carrara.

Is there a reliable method with the current versions of Carrara Pro and DAZ Studio to build an aniblock inside DAZ Studio and bring it into Carrara without any flaws?

(I remember something about having to set key frames to linear instead of bezier I believe) - not sure if there were other tips but would use this a lot more if I knew how to get seamless integration.

(And anything special to know when working with Genesis?)

Thanks

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited August 2015
    Is there a reliable method with the current versions of Carrara Pro and DAZ Studio to build an aniblock inside DAZ Studio and bring it into Carrara without any flaws?

If there is, I haven't found it. I avoid the aniblock importer as unreliable. In Daz Studio, I save my aniblocks to the timeline (right-click on an empty space and choose "Bake to Studio keyframes") and export as DUF . Once in Carrara, make a pristine NLA clip out of the animation.

Post edited by argus1000 on
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

3DAGE

Thanks for the concern. I've no time to investigate until May 2016. In a complete mad rush now to complete the series in this tax year. However after that I can relax and look into this kind of stuff again. I just post stuff when I find solutions to problems to 1) share the journey and 2) remind myself of how I got out of a mess last time. :D