Platform Rocker Boots (Stompers?) - not sure the term

mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 75
edited December 2022 in Product Suggestions

Perhaps I'm just not using the proper search terms, but I'd really like to see platform boots like the image attached with the full, solid sole.  I see platform heels, I see platform sneakers and stompers, but no knee/calf boots like these.

If nothing does exist, I've got my next modeling project and will make them myself.

boots1.jpg
914 x 805 - 129K
boots2.jpg
1283 x 1275 - 125K
Post edited by mmdestiny on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

What figure since shoes tend to be harder to autofit, so it's best to stick with the figure they are for.

• FSMCDesigns said:

What figure since shoes tend to be harder to autofit, so it's best to stick with the figure they are for.

Preferably G8, but I'm fairly competent at bending prior generation to G8 if needed via Cinema4D.  Even if I have to do that it's less time than modeling them from scratch in C4D. 

The plus if it comes to autofit for this is that boots like this are literally incapable of bending the ankle or toes, so foot weighting can simply be thrown out.

• FSMCDesigns said:

Will these work?? https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/dc-rokkerbootz-for-g8-female/128635/

or these https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/wednesday-boots-for-g3f-g8f-and-g8-1f/115813/

Those Rokkers are actually really close, thank you.  I'd prefer a little higher up the leg but I might be able to do that with modeling tools.

I'll leave this open for any other suggestions people may know of.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765
    edited December 2022

My initial thought was that this was a job for Rhiannon over at Rendorosity. There are quite a few boots with heels rather than the "New Rock" style that Taylor is wearing but perhaps the Violetta, CruX Black Rock and Dark Alice are close to what you are after?

EDIT: There is also the Punk Style Boots for Genesis 8 Females and Slide3D Goth Boots for Genesis 3 Female(s) on the Daz store. They do have a pattern on them but if you were prepared to model a pair from scratch yourself then I guess a bit of re-texturing is childs-play for you :)

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 75
    edited December 2022

SofaCitizen said:

My initial thought was that this was a job for Rhiannon over at Rendorosity. There are quite a few boots with heels rather than the "New Rock" style that Taylor is wearing but perhaps the Violetta, CruX Black Rock and Dark Alice are close to what you are after?

EDIT: There is also the Punk Style Boots for Genesis 8 Females and Slide3D Goth Boots for Genesis 3 Female(s) on the Daz store. They do have a pattern on them but if you were prepared to model a pair from scratch yourself then I guess a bit of re-texturing is childs-play for you :)

I really like those Punk Style and the aforementioned Rokker boots.  It seems any time the style gets close they don't go quite far enough up the leg, but that might just be something I have to adjust myself.

I was thinking about the approach and perhaps the best strategy is a lace-up boot that maybe just don't have the proper sole, and then turning the sole INTO the stomper with a morph and UV tweak.  Since something with a sole like that doesn't flex with your toes, weighting wouldn't really be a concern - I can't pose the feet regardless. Something like these (the slouch boots with the spikes turned off) with a morph on the sole would work to that effect.

EDIT:  Oooohhh look what just came out, to the "tweaking the sole" point :)  

Post edited by mmdestiny on

Yeah, I think you will have to do some tweaking. I guess there is too much temptation for the PAs to turn the boots into heels when going down this route. Sounds like you have a few options to choose from so I shall wish you luck with your modifications :)

• SofaCitizen said:

Yeah, I think you will have to do some tweaking. I guess there is too much temptation for the PAs to turn the boots into heels when going down this route. Sounds like you have a few options to choose from so I shall wish you luck with your modifications :)

I'd say we're coming along nicely.  Probably need to tweak the texture and/or UVs to reduce the stretching and I kinda like the two-toned look in the one reference picture. 

boots test.JPG
    1423 x 1248 - 72K

mmdestiny said:

I'd say we're coming along nicely.  Probably need to tweak the texture and/or UVs to reduce the stretching and I kinda like the two-toned look in the one reference picture. 

Looking good! :) Although I think you'll have more trouble with the second pair. I assume there is a bug with the forums at the moment as this is the second post I have seen where the images have fallen off the first post but I remember those being closer to knee height so more work to make those than just stretching everything up the leg.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

I was thinking of something like this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-club-kid-outfit-for-genesis-8