Do Genesis and Genesis 2 Products Work on Genesis 3?

mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Forum searches don't work for me when using multiple words. A single word is too generic. There must be a forum for Germans, result sets retrieve non-English posts. So what I'm saying is, I apologize if the following questions have been asked but the forum search function is currently not useful...

Anyway... do Genesis and Genesis 2 clothes/hair/etc work on Genesis 3? I've been offered a nice promo to make a purchase for Genesis 3 so I'l looking at V7 but it doesn't do me much good if my investments in G/G2 don't carry over to G3.

If they don't carry over, is there a way to make them carry over? I can't find any information on this. Maybe if I learned German...

Thanks

Post edited by mwokee on

Comments

• Clothes and hair for Genesis 2 Female will AutoFit to Genesis 3 Female. Other items can be AutoFitted to Genesis 2 Female, if you have a suitable clone, saved as a figure asset (File>SAve as>Support Assets>Figure Prop Asset) and then that in turn AutoFitted to Genesis 3 Female, or you can use http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s to enable direct AutoFitting of Genesis 2 Male, Genesis, Victoria 4 and Michael 4 items. Morphs can be transferred with the Transfer Utility, a  new version of GenX is apparently being worked on. Textures cannot be used directly, we are hoping that there will be a covnersion tool of some kind at some point but nothing has been announced.