OT - your avitar name

NGartplay means Nancy Griffin art play (instead of artwork.)

I was Burpee at first because I used to garden and used Burpee Seeds.  I put Burpee in a login/register line, thinking that I was giving a password.  I became Burpee.  When I started selling products at RDNA I made a new account with NGartplay.  When those products moved to Daz3D I was already Burpee there but they wouldn't let me use that for selling so I have two accounts here.

Where did your names come from?  Would love to know.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124

A while ago when I was still in my adolescence there were not yet computers and Internet, we hand-wrote letters and usually gave them to the receiver when we met next. With my long name (shown on top of the homepage on my website), I signed with H.R. One of the girls interpreted the full stops as tiny o's and next time we met she called me Horo. I kept the name because it is shorter and my children, relatives, friends all call me by this name.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

When I was younger, in my early 30's, I worked in an ice cream factory.

During that time I was allowed to buy the treats and other novelties we made at a big discount and I also played video games on xbox live alot.

I would give the treats away to friends that lived close to me and send coupons to the online gamers that weren't for different reasons.

Liking wining a car race on the racing game I played, or getting a shorter lap time than I did.

Played many other games.

I wasn't really all that good at the games, but the fun we had, the banter, friendly competitiveness, all made up for it. 

My friends along with the ones I made online and the other gamers started calling me "ice cream man" and the nick name stuck.

I changed the spelling to "IceCrMn" because I wanted to put it on a personalized license plate for my car and in the USA you can only use 7 letters and or numbers on it.

I spent 15 years at the ice cream factory, I'm in my 50's now and have moved on to driving semi-trucks and haven't played on xbox live for many years.

Someday I'll have the time to spend to pick it back up again, maybe.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,836

Horo, that's a hoot.  I have to go look for your given name and compare.  Thanks for sharing.

IceCrMn, what a great story.  Ice cream worker...dream job!!!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

My user name is simply a combination of parts of my names, which I won't spell out in full, since I love some privacy.

Hansmar, I think that your full name must be Handsome A. Smart :) :)

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited December 2022

This thread reveals nice facts and even solves some mysteries. :)

My Avatar name is an ENCRYPTED VERSION of my real name. (Disclaimer: Admitted... I am very lazy. So, I simply exchanged one sole character with its lower case version. Whereas I won't you tell which one, to keep my secret!)

Signed,
    Hubert the tadaaaaa....***### Humble ###***!!

Post edited by hubert on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,101

Great stories here, mine is very simple just my initials.

Hubert, I'm going addled trying to form words from your name, lol.

adbc, that's a surprise.  I thought that it was a play on the alphabet or that you were a teacher.

NGartplay: Thanks very much. Almost right, though handsome is, of course, my middle name cheeky

Hansmar, lol :)

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Mine is just my first initial  S (Stephen) & my last name Ray. The image I made in Bryce as my website's logo (StevesArtGallery) in 1999. I let the site & domain StevesArtGallery.com expirer in 2020.Now as you can see by my signature I just used Daz, Renderosity & Social Media to display my work & give away freebies.

S Ray, you'll think me silly but I always thought of your name as a laser ray or death ray...lol.  Nice to meet you Stephen

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,000

The day I registered at Daz, I was doing a photoshop underwater scene tutorial, the name mermaid popped up, unfortunately mermaid was already used so I chose mermaid010

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

‘bytescapes’ is the name of my gallery website (https://bytescapes.com/). When I first started putting my 3D 'art' online, it was on a sub-section of my main personal website. I called the gallery of images 'Other Worlds', which wasn't very original considering that the original tagline of Bryce was "Other Worlds Explorer". When I decided to move the art to its own site, I wanted to give it a new name. I looked for something that would suggest digital, computers, etc. paired with ideas of landscapes, images, worlds, space(s) etc., and ended up with 'bytescapes'. This then became my handle on the DAZ site and elsewhere.

So mermaid, you rate a 10!  Woohoo!  So much better than a 1 :)

Bytescapes, you chose the perfect name.  It explains exactly what you are about and do.  I've never been happy with my moniker.  I wanted Green Tee once but it was taken (a play on golf.  I golf a lot).

• My nickname is from the very old days. I was reading a book that had a Drachenlord in it (unfortunately I forgot which book it was).
    I've always had a love for dragons, so I liked the term.
    I adopted this name more than 25 years ago and since there are now more with this name on the net, I later simply added an S to the end.

edited December 2022

Drachenlords, I think anything dragon is awesome.

black2a.jpg
    900 x 675 - 80K
    Post edited by NGartplay on
  • This a really awesome topic.  So many questions answered and I love the ways y'all came up with them.  When I was a kid in the middle of the 70's, CB radios were all the rage and my family had one.  Well, we lived on a highway and I couldn't always go to my friend's house because he lived on the other side.  Well, we had a very large wooden fence in the front yard (it was really big and could support a lot weight).  So, when I couldn't go to my buddy's, I would perch myself at the top of one of the fenceposts and my friend and I would yell at each other to have conversations. LOL  I decided to play with the CB radio and gave myself the name fencepost and I've used that name for years.  On other graphics' forums I used to participate in, many folks just shortened it to fence.  The number 52 was my American football jersey number in high school and I use that # quite a bit still.

Art

Fence, that's an awesome explanation.  Love it.  I remember the old CB radios.  Yep, that old, lol.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 2022

NGartplay said:

Fence, that's an awesome explanation.  Love it.  I remember the old CB radios.  Yep, that old, lol.

Thank you!   I think you just called me old! laugh  Y'all heard that right?! angel

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    edited December 2022

My previous one was Wendy♥Catz but new forum didn't allow it

changed it frequently 

Wendy5

Th3Digit (the digit)

ForumTroll

Wendy_Carrara

to name a few

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Fence, sorry.  I'm sure you and your friend were still in diapers :)

Wendy, I know some of those different names...Th3Digit and Wendy5.  Who doesn't love cats?  Well, maybe there's someone out there but gosh, they're so soft.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 2022

NGartplay said:

Fence, sorry.  I'm sure you and your friend were still in diapers :)

laughlaugh yes, that's it....yeah...laugh laugh

Post edited by Fencepost52 on

Fence, thumbs up emoji here :)

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited December 2022

Fencepost52 said:

NGartplay said:

Thank you!   I think you just called me old! laugh  Y'all heard that right?! angel

Ten four,good buddy ,,,over...

Post edited by S Ray on

S Ray....hehehe

• @ NGartplay: WOW, the Dragon looks Cool!

Thanks Drachenlords.  It wouldn't upload when I made the post so I tried later with success.

Great stories. Wonderful dragon render, NGartplay.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,000

Lovely stories by everyone 

NGartplay great dragon render