changing content directory from drive to drive

alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,113

to handle Daz's inability to let you select a folder to scan for content... 
I put all my content on a dedicated drive.
when I outgrew the original 250 gig drive, I just copied the data to a 500 gig drive and swapped their locations ... so the new drive was the same drive ID and that worked fine.
---
unfortunately the drive has either decided it's having issues or Daz keeps messing up it's directory ... but either way. 
I'm having difficulty addressing the drive... 
I do have the entire drive backed up on an external drive .. but instead of a 500 gig drive ... daz will want to search a 5 terabyte drive...
--- 
the major problem would seem to be that I have a hundred custom folders with my data .... 
and the daz installer has a separate path to each one, with no apparent way to switch the drive letter... 
so even if I wait for it to scan the big drive, 
it seems I will have to reaim all my install paths one at a time
---
hopefully there are some easy fixes that I am missing.
----
the ability to scan a particular drive was a big step forward, but still needs the option of scanning a folder on a drive for content
---
all of the content in the backup is in a folder marked DAZ....
---

Post edited by alan bard newcomer on

Comments

• okay, since the 500 gig drive at G is offline... I can reassign the G letter to the 5 tb drive... but it seems I have two backups of my daz content and the daz installer download folder ... so I'm guessing the directory scan might have an issue or two?
    ---
    the backup from May has a mere 662,847 files while the July one has 721,091 files... 
    --- 
    it will probably take half an hour just to trash the older set... 
    ---
    so I will move everything except the latest daz backup into an extra folder... then put all of the folders from the daz folder up on the first level (where they are on the dead drive) and will just tell daz to scan known directories...

• so far so good... daz now looks at the 5tb drive for it's data and the content library has stuff in it again.