Hands Morph into Paws and/or Hooves

caraTRON.7263caraTRON.7263 Posts: 37
edited December 2022 in Product Suggestions

I want to depict characters in varying stages of shifting between human and animal.  Most of the head morphs for the animals I want to this end, I've been able to find in one form or another, at least assuming that a morph intended for one human figure can be made to work on another (a matter I intend to make a different thead about), and foot morphs are pretty handily covered by HFS Shapes.  (I'm not sure about textures for hooves, but I think that can be done from scratch.)  What continues to ellude me, however, is morphs for turning hands into feet; in particular, what I'd like to be able to do is canine/feline paws, bovine/porcine hooves, and rabbit front paws.

I'm aware of one piece of digital art, seemingly made with Daz/Poser, that seems to depict hands properly morphing into hooves; a convincing final result that looks about the same as the feet, and an intermediate stage with the fingers partially fused and the nails partially converted into hooves.  I've messaged the creator to ask what asset(s) they used to make this, but I haven't heard back from them yet and don't know whether I will.  Other than that, I've got nothing.  Every animal-like morph package I've been able to find has hands that still look mostly human, if they're changed at all.

By combining products, I've been able to make hands that look sort of like dog/wolf paws by combining the grafts and textures from She Wolf, HFS hand morphs, HFS finger length morphs, and G8 Female Body Morphs hand/finger morphs, along with bending the joints past their normal limits; but I'm still not happy with it.  (Screenshots attached.)  The palms look "puffy" even when I put Palm Scale all the way in the negative, the fingers still look too hand-like making them look more like bear claws than wolf paws IMO, the claws/nails are too small (which stems from the claws on the She Wolf hands being too small to begin with), and the thumb is in the wrong place and I don't know of a way to move it to where it should be.  I imagine I'd get similar results for feline paws using Catgirl by the same artist which I also have.  And I've got nothing for hooves or rabbit paws.

Are there any products that can turn hands into paws or hooves the way HFS Shapes can do with feet?  Or failing that, does anyone have any suggested products that they think I might be able to combine to get a result similar to such?  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer with this.

EDIT - It seems that the images didn't attach properly the first time.  Fixed.

psudo paws side.jpg
359 x 180 - 13K
psudo paws diagonal.jpg
387 x 218 - 19K
psudo paws bottom.jpg
298 x 237 - 15K
Post edited by caraTRON.7263 on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

I don't think so. The ones I have in my library all have somewhat regular hands vs pawed or hooved feet. I imagine that is to make them a bit more useful with regards to them still being able to hold things and make hand gestures. I do have a finger-length morph from somewhere but the mesh starts going a bit funky if you switch off the limits and go beyond 150%.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

It's a tricky issue. If I were doing such a thing, I'd probably make a morph for the animal form, and then a separate morph for the in between, because I strongly suspect just dialing it halfway wouldn't function well.

• Oso3D said:

It's a tricky issue. If I were doing such a thing, I'd probably make a morph for the animal form, and then a separate morph for the in between, because I strongly suspect just dialing it halfway wouldn't function well.

If by that you mean using a G8 hand (or full body morph) for the inbetween and an unrelated G8 hand or full body morph for the animal form, then that's fine, because it still allows me to shift between them, it just involves moving multiple dials at once.  If I want an eight-stage transformation, then instead of taking one morph form 0 to 100 in eight increments, I can take morph A from 0 to 100 in four increments, and then take morph B from 0 to 100 in four increments while simultaneously decreasing morph A; where B is the animal form and A is the halfway form.

This however doesn't solve my main problem, which is that I don't have any good morphs to serve as morph B.  The closest I've mdanaged is the images I attached, which I'm not happy with for the reasons I described.  So morphs to serve as B, whether a single product or a combination of products, are the main thing I'm seeking.

The significance of my saying that I wanted to depict characters "in varying stages" of transformation wasn't that I wanted to do it all with a single slider, or a synchronized combination of sliders.  The significance was that I want to do it using G8 morphs (or morphs for other human figures, G3 or V4 etc) that can be applied with sliders at all - even if it means chaining them in sequence instead of in parallel - as opposed to having the animal form be a Daz Dog or Daz Horse which cannot morph to and from a human figure.  Maybe the final-final stage can be a true animal figure, but I want to get at least 80% there using morphs on human figures; the images I attached feel like 50-60% at best, and not a very good 50% at that.