Will Daz 4.8 Pro Characters/Props work in Carrara 8.5?

I want to get Carrara 8.5 as it looks like it does everything Bryce, Hexagon and Daz Studio do all in one interface. My only concern is if all the characers and props shaders from Daz 4.8 Pro will work. Hope someone can give a positive review on this. as all I can find are user tutorials and nothing on the pros and cons.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Shaders are spcific for each program.  So shaders which are sold as DS shaders will not work properly with Carrara, Bryce or Poser.

Figures and props should work, with the exception of Genesis 3 figures

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Thanks for that. I have read all the product page. I figured that shaders may have been a problem. Might have a look at shaders. For the price that it is on special for right at this moment, I think it is a fair investment for the tool it apears to be. Let's hope that it will have future upgrades though. Thanks for answering this question though.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If you pop into the Carrara forum and ask questions, they are far more up on it than me, I am still a base newbie when it comes to Carrara.  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion