i still find bryce great

its timeless classic that got me into artwork

i wish there would be a bryce 8 or 9 iwould buy that in a heart beat

Comments

• Yes - me too.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

I agree.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

rigomrtsfx - well, the best program is the one you know how to use. I couldn't agree more that Bryce is great, a very versatile tool for all sorts of art styles.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Indeed, Bryce still is great. But, of course, all of us would have liked a version 8, 9 or 10. 

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Totally agree!

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited December 2022

Ditto.... 110% agreed!

Post edited by hubert on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

I agree too, a very versatile program 

• I agree as well, I started out with Povray, Ray Dream Studio, and Infini D when Meta Creations was still the leader in home 3D graphics (I miss that company, they created some great stuff.). When Bryce came out for the PC I was beside myself for what it could do. At the time I was also using Vista Pro but in comparison, Bryce was a better product in so many ways. Bryce V3 gave me the ability to create animation (The render times on a 486 and early Pentium were horrible). I don't really use Bryce anymore but on occasion, I will install it as a memory lane kind of thing. I really wonder if Meta Creations was still around developing these apps where they would be today.

I just installed Carrara and it brings back memories, I also notice that most if not all the plugins that were for sale are now free. Most of my workflow is C4D, Blender, Modo, and Daz Studio.

I know that the time has passed for Carrara and Bryce to receive any notable upgrades as they are so behind the curve. It would be nice if rather than Daz holding on to them Daz would consider open-sourcing the software so that a community can develop these apps further instead of watching them wither away.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

I agree Dennis.  I'd love to see some ambient lighting upgrades to Bryce, like DS, and better trees and skys.

• I also installed Bryce the other day and it brings back some great memories. I used it to render a lady in the lake scene that I printed off and gave to my mom. She framed it and hung it on her wall.

That was 20 some odd years ago.

The UI for Bryce and Carrara could use some love. Not usable on a 4K monitor. lol