Set GraphicsMode

DzApp has an enumeration for GraphicsMode, and a method to get the GraphicsMode, but I'm not seeing a method to set it. I didn't see a command line option either; is there a way to start Daz or switch to NoInterface?

Comments

• I think that is set on launch with a command-line switch, not something that can be switched mid-session.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 362

You are looking for "-headless". You may also want "-noPrompt".

• D'oh, right there in the CLI options page. Thanks!

• Following up on this... my flags are -instanceName # -noPrompt -headless

Daz flashes briefly in task manager, then instantly closes. I have a beefy .dsa file set as the "load file" parameter in the startup preferences, which executes fine when the -headless flag isn't present. Are there parts of the scripting API that need the GUI to work?

I have not used headless mode. Did you check the logfile?

• Here it is. Nothing helpful. 50/50 chance it's user error or an actual bug because I doubt there's that many headless Daz users. haha

txt
    txt
    log.txt

I don't have the Daz to Unity or GamePrint plugins, but I tested all the others listed in your logfile (plus a number of others), and Look at my Hair Player is the only one that prevents headless mode from working. Uninstall it and things should work as expected.

• Wow, thank you for that in-depth investigation! That worked. Turns out you can't actually manipulate the viewport or do a render while in headless mode though. Good to know.