Workspace layout not saving properly

I'm on DAZ 4.16, and it used to be that I'd save my modificsations to my workspace layout by Window --> Workspace --> Save Layout As, and then saving all Actions, Menus and Toolbars. However when I reload DAZ or the saved layout, the modifications are gone. Am I doing something wrong or has a bug earlier this year came back somehow?

Comments

• Exactly which version are you using - Help>About Daz Studio? I thought the layout save issue was 4.20.0.2 (or 3) rather than 4.16.x.x

• RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 236
    edited January 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Exactly which version are you using - Help>About Daz Studio? I thought the layout save issue was 4.20.0.2 (or 3) rather than 4.16.x.x

4.16.0.3. I've never had htis problem only until recently. More specifically - now I realize that when I load the saved layout file, all the added custom scripts are gone, but when I re-add these scripts, I get "the custom action for this already exists, please see Scripts", and then when I go to scripts, it now re-appears. Under Windows --> Workspace --> Customize, the custom actions are all still there. I didn't edit any of my content directories. Just what is going on here?? EDIT - Under Windows --> Workspace --> Customize, I re-added all the custom actions to the Scripts menu by dragging and dropping from left to right, saved the layout, and still everything is missing when I reload the layout file!!

Post edited by RobertDy on
  • Start DS and check the end of the log file for erros relating to loading the layout. You could also, since you have saved, try deelting the menus.dsx file from

%AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/

in case it is somehow corrupt and blocking the saving of the session file.

Richard Haseltine said:

Start DS and check the end of the log file for erros relating to loading the layout. You could also, since you have saved, try deelting the menus.dsx file from

%AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/

in case it is somehow corrupt and blocking the saving of the session file.

I tried deleting menus.dsx but didn't work. I got this from the log file, not sure if it means anything?

"2023-01-27 15:19:38.268 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 8 Male(s)', default_name = 'Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 8 Male(s)', store_id = 1, token = '55305', artists = 'V3Digitimes', description = '', guid = 'af1999b9-1d15-4bb7-b8e3-0ce718798f5a', meta_hash = '4012474f2d87936b6e09a4b2be56f4ec', file_hash = 'e3beb2b2ffe9ca60e2fb64fc241ee6cd', thumbnail_path = '', thumbnail_hash = '', last_update = '2018-08-31 02:47:20', date_purchased = '2018-08-31 02:47:20', date_installed = '2023-01-27 07:19:38', release_date = '1970-01-01 00:00:00', group_num = 0, hide = 'f', is_vendor = 't', has_cloud_meta_data = 't', is_installed = 'f', is_cloud_owned = 't', needs_update = 'f', normalized_name = 'wet and tanned skins for genesis 8 males', normalized_name_first_letter = 'W' WHERE id = 2595) failed with exception: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(af1999b9-1d15-4bb7-b8e3-0ce718798f5a) already exists."

• That message relates to Daz Connect updating metadata, not to the UI layout. Do you install content through Daz Studio itself? If not there is really no need to go online at all.

Richard Haseltine said:

That message relates to Daz Connect updating metadata, not to the UI layout. Do you install content through Daz Studio itself? If not there is really no need to go online at all.

Yes I install everything through DIM and not DAZ connect. Would not going online solve this problem? I'm still stuck at this point

• I don'tt hink it is relevant to the issue, but being online does mean you may accidentally download through DS when you didn't mean to so it is a potential waste of space if you are not going to use the feature.