Will there be a texture set for the Seljuk Turkish Princess Outfit? [Solved...finally]

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
edited January 2023 in Product Suggestions

[Will there be a texture set for the Seljuk Turkish Princess Outfit?] ...I find this a very nice ensemble. however it only includes the base texture set.  Was hoping there would have been a texture expansion but nothing in the store here or over at the "other place". As a few details are baked in (particularly the dress) they would be lost if other shaders were applied.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I don't have the outfit.

But you could do some manual change to the textures.

I don't know which 'baked in details' there are, but if it is in the normal map, it is just a case of keeping the normal map.

Or you could keep them if they are there own surface zone

And if not, masking them out using LIE or take the textures into an image editor and adjust there.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 2023

...I tried that and the odd thing is when I make the changes they show up in OpenGL Shaded mode, but when I switch to Iray View mode or run a render process, the materials revert back to the default shaders.  I've never seen anything like this happen before and have no idea what is causing this. it's as if there is a geoshell or something involved.

Apparently the forum software is being a yutz again and not allowing attachments.  I'll try to post the samples later. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

You have to be aware of that there are some channels that not show up in texture shaded mode, but only in render, such as overlay.

Try to look through the surface tab, and see where there are textures or colors applied.

Does it have many surfaces?

And yeah - forums are problematic and annoying. Hope it gets fixed in 2023...

....I tried to attach the images again this morning it still  doesn't work. I've never seen it this bad in the 15+ years I've been here. 

Wish I could have posted at least the settings screen shot of those other odd channels in the Surfaces tab. They look more like they are for movement rather than texture though 

The only two channels I see where the actual texture/colours referred to are Base Colour and Glossy Colour. I see nothing for overlay mode wither in OpenGL or Iray View. n switching between the two modes changes nothing in the surfaces parameters. 

I looked at the promos again.

I noticed that he is using a 2-sided shader, on at least some of the items. So I would think it will be best to modify existing textures, either in an image editing program or inside DS in LIE. Else you will loose the 2-sided effect.

...I noticed that on the Dress, not on the pants and shirt.. Usually if there's an "inner" and "outer" texture both have sliders in the Surfaces parameters. Odd that isn't the case here. 

Not into texturing in a 2D programme as I'm very bad at digital painting due to severe arthritis.  The downside of using the LIE is it takes longer to load and save the character (G8 characters already take long enough to load).  

If you are using a new version of DS, in prefrences you can set LIE to speed. Then I don't observe particular lag.

...I currenly have moved back to a 4.20 public Release because of another unrealted issue I've run into with the 4.21 General Release.  Does that offer the option?

I think the updated LIE is 4.21 only.

But in 4.20 try to go to Edit > Preferences > Interface and see if there at the bottom is a slider for LIE.

..no, there isn't.

However I was able to solve the situation with 4.21 (the issue had to do with XTansfer morphs not showing up as it was the script was sending everything to the wrong drive and folder).

Opened 4.21 and changed the setting.

Update: 

...it definitely seems there is something like a default layer or possibly geoshell which is getting in the way and would require retexturing in a 2D programme which is more bother than I care to deal with ( I have a large variety of different materials and textures in the SHader Presets folder).  Again I've never seen this before in clothing content as even Hierarchical materials can be swapped out.  I also noticed that the shirt cannot be  changed either, only the pants.(an likely boots and other accessories) will render with a different texture applied.

Given that we are now about three months into G9's release, I don't expect an add on texture set for this as G8 has pretty much been tossed aside for G9 (I also looked at the other store as sometimes someone makes textures for Daz clothing there, but nothing)  So, I'll probably ask for a refund as I'm still within the 30 day limit,

Sad as it is a nice outfit  just  that it is difficult to retexture it 

It looks like a nice set and I have it in my wishlist.

I would expect even if there is a geoshell, that you can apply a shader to the material. Or you could remove the geoshell before applying the shader.

May I ask, how it is with material zones - it is nicely divided into individual parts?

...the skirt is divided into "Cloth" and "Hem" but not "Outside" and "Inside",  The shirt and pants are each single individual Mat zones.  Didn't bother checking the boots, belt, or hat as they generally look fine the way they are ( though I imagine the dForce fur on the belt and hat is it's own material zone. 

Not sure how to remove or bypass the geoshell (if there is one as it doesn't show up in the Scene Tab).  If it's done with some sort of layering technique I have no clue as how to deal with that as the individual layers likely have been merged together/flattened since they don't show in the lLayered Image editor.

I really like when there are different surface zones for each different material instead of mixing them in combined maps. It makes changes so much easier.

If it is doublesided both materials will be in the same surface, as it technically is the same polygons. The other side is active when backfacing (relative to the normal). It can usually be seen in the surface tab as channels with ...2.

But it sounds strange.

I don't think you can have a hidden geoshell, and I cannot think of other ways you can make it not visible to the user.

There are some channels in Iray, that first will show when rendered, but they are still accessible.

When it comes with a nice discount I will find out cheeky

• Hi,

I was curious, so got the dress to have a look.

If you go to the Scene View- node list for the G8 female, use the little arrow to open up the drop down list, go to the STP dress, and use the little arrow next to that to open that drop down list, you will see a "Iray Double Sided", select that, then look in the Surfaces tab and you can change the textures/materials there (for the front/back)

...many thanks  for that information. As I'm not a content creator, I never thought a different texture could be applied to the front and back faces of a mesh (hence why I felt it was a geoshell or some other trick I wasn't aware of done with the LIE).  Next time I run into something like this I'll expand the node tree. 

You saved me from submitting a support ticket for a refund and returning the item.

• You are welcome.

I was not expecting to see the 2 sided mat in the node tree. Must be a PA thing?

I am creating a mask for the dress, so you can change the color of the dress and keep the designs on it. I will also create a weighted layer material so the mask can be easily used.

I will upload them to this thread when done (if the forum upload feature is working)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

I don't own it but it possibly uses something like this
    https://www.daz3d.com/oso-janus-double-sided-shader-merchant-resource-for-iray

I use too many other render engines that have their own way of doing this so never looked into it

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I don't own it but it possibly uses something like this
    https://www.daz3d.com/oso-janus-double-sided-shader-merchant-resource-for-iray

I use too many other render engines that have their own way of doing this so never looked into it

A 2 sided (front/back) shader can be easily created in the shader mixer.