I don't know if this is a bug or not (repeated "Download Failed!")

DIM has just presented me with a load of product updates, including ones for Rosemill Astrometry (which I love) and Ground Shaders (which took me four tries to download in the first place). I have also bought a couple of things, the Leather and Fur Shaders for Iray and ZippityDo Hair. I can't download any of them. They just go straight to "Download Failed!" It's not that I don't have space for them, it's not that I haven't paid. Before I submit a bug report I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem, and, if they've solved it, how.

Thanks.

Zander

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,417

I posted this before seeing your thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61357/can-t-download-from-dim-or-product-library

It sounds like a similar problem, but in my case it didn't even say download failed. It didn't show any error, it just didn't do anything. I had to look in the DIM log to see an error message.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It seems that there was scheduled server migration that didn't happen, but doesn't rule out network problems on the site's end.  The reason the migration was called off...network problems at the data center.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

DAZ 3D web guys are looking into it right now.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

I'm glad they are doing something about it.  I've been getting "Download Failed" for over a month now.

• Only the last day or so for me, though I used to get it a lot if I tried to download straight after purchasing. I've learned to leave a decent interval before calling up DIM.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,000
    atticanne said:

I'm glad they are doing something about it.  I've been getting "Download Failed" for over a month now.

If you've been getting the error message for such a long time, I doubt that the current server brakdown has anything to do with it. Do you have problems downloading files from anywhere else? Are you downloading manually, or using DiM?