Swap Draw Style to 'Solid Bounding Box' while navigating big scene?

Specs: Gateway NV59 w/Win7 Home Premium, 8GB RAM, DazStudio 4.8 (latest build as of 3 weeks ago), onboard NVIDA video graphics card (no CUDA support that I can find).
NOTE: I may buy a new desktop for 3D work at the end of the year, so don't get hung up on my specs.

I'm working on some complex scenes on my laptop, and my system is slowing to a drag while I attempt to navigate them. I have multiple figures and some large background sets (no idea of the poly count, and that's really irrelevant to this particular question). To speed things up for big moves (sweeping over the top, or moving from item to item, etc.) I temporarily change the Viewport Draw Style to "Solid Bounding Box." This lets me fly around wherever I want and then I switch back "Smooth Shaded" or some other style for more detailed work.

Now, I was just reading the documentation about Draw Styles, and came across this useful setting for the Universal Tool: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dform/ds4_drawstyle   Read the material, especially at the bottom of the page. I definitely plan to use this: In a nutshell, it changes the draw style for an object (or part of the object?) to "Solid Bounding Box" when you manipulate it. Sounds great.

But I'm wondering the following:

1. Is it possible to have DazStudio automatically change my draw style to "Solid Bounding Box" while moving the camera or Viewport around the scene, and then have it automatically snap back to whatever draw style I had been previously using?
  2. If not, could someone point me to a tutorial that better explains how to customize the keyboard so I can quickly swap between draw styles? The one online here has dead images in it (even so, I'll try to do it this evening when I have the opportunity). http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazstudio/reference/customshortcuts
  3. Any other suggestions that I have considered?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!

Mike

Comments

• ctrl+a number will give you the different drawstyles. ctrl(Win)/cmd(Mac)-2 for Solid Bounding Box, ctrl/cmd-7 for Smooth Shaded

• That tip has helped. Thanks.

• Using a shortcut key to swap the draw style has saved my sanity. After using it for a few weeks, it has greatly imrpoved the speed at which I can work.

Thank you.