Need something that moves mouth to audio

I have audio that I'd like to sync up to an animation. The audio is already pre recorded; however, I'd like to be able to import audio into daz and have the character's mouth move as the audio plays. I'm using Gen 8 F any suggestions?

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

There used to be a product called Mimic pro that provided that function. It is no longer sold here but would be in accounts if purchased previously. Used it quite a bit and it worked very well.

There is this tool called AniLips 2, but can't really say much beyond that  whether the results are worth the cost.   https://www.daz3d.com/anilip-2

Then there is this product called pose recorder,  which does work though the results are not always consistent.  It is possible to edit around the occassional imperfections. https://www.daz3d.com/poserecorder

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited January 2023

install the 32bit version of DAZ studio 

it has lipsync

load your figure 

with it selected go to Window tab lipsync

load a wav file

under advanced load the configuration file for your figure 

it will be found in your library /content folder under general Mimic configuration files

click analyze 

save the scene or animated pose to use in the 64bit version of DAZ studio 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • his xhis x Posts: 866

WendyLuvsCatz said:

install the 32bit version of DAZ studio 

it has lipsync

load your figure 

with it selected go to Window tab lipsync

load a wav file

under advanced load the configuration file for your figure 

it will be found in your library /content folder under general Mimic configuration files

click analyze 

save the scene or animated pose to use in the 64bit version of DAZ studio 

Hi W,

Having read and used your technique above a few times in the past, this week I stumbled across a variation I will offer.

I found an easy way to use Mimic Live to work with a prerecorded audio file. I installed VB-Cable, the free one with only one cable. I connected the output of Audacity to the VB-Cable Input. Then I made the VB-Cable Output the system default recording device. With this done, Mimic Live will lipsync to what Audacity plays.

Oddly, some pop noises are introduced to the saved Mimic soundtrack. I used DAZ "Edit | Audio | Current Audio File" to replace the recorded audio file with the original WAV file. This worked nicely. This approach  has a certain advantage over using the 32 bit Mimic. I like that the iRay shaders are not affected.

Once the audio start timing has been adjusted appropriately, the results are very clean. I found Vegas Pro to be handy for making this adjustment. Personally I like these results better than any lipsync tool I've tried. The results are posted on Bitchute under "R Ham" in a recent file called "Watchtower."

Comments?

if you can get Stereomix to be utilised as the Mic in Mimic Live you can record using that, especially if you have multiple "soundcards" like Nvidia and Realteck

I had it working a few Windows updates ago but not lately, they seem determined to stop you as people use it to pirate stuff off streaming services 

edited January 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

if you can get Stereomix to be utilised as the Mic in Mimic Live you can record using that, especially if you have multiple "soundcards" like Nvidia and Realteck

I had it working a few Windows updates ago but not lately, they seem determined to stop you as people use it to pirate stuff off streaming services 

Stereomix! Aha! I'm going to give that a try. I'll bet it gets rid of that popping noise. I'm curious to see if MS has disabled it, too. I'll be back.

EDIT:

Ah, I see. You can't record from Stereo Mix, no matter what. Hmm... There's not much point to having a Stereo Mix at all.

Post edited by his x on
    edited January 2023

his x said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Stereomix! Aha! I'm going to give that a try. I'll bet it gets rid of that popping noise. I'm curious to see if MS has disabled it, too. I'll be back.

EDIT:

Ah, I see. You can't record from Stereo Mix, no matter what. Hmm... There's not much point to having a Stereo Mix at all.

well I still can but not in DAZ studio sadlywink

in Audacity using WASAPI certainly can 
    ASIO the other way to create a virtual soundcard 

which means I am well equipped to do the very thing Sony Corporation didn't want and made Microsoft stop IE recording live but cannot record wav using Mimic live!

(I don't do that BTW, what I use it for is VSTi and capturing music played with my midi controller in a VSTi host)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited January 2023

It was worth a try. Who knew MS made Windows Sound System even more worthless than it was.

Open up a basic G8 (or whatever) character in 32 bit Mimic. Use "Lipsync" to create the viseme track. Save the file as a Pose Preset. In 64 bit DAZ, merge the Pose Preset file into your G8 character. Voila.

Post edited by his x on