Is there a way to only download Carrara 8.5 pro?

RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
edited January 2023 in Carrara Discussion

Daz has gone through every effort to make downloading Carrara as hard as possible. Is there a simpler way of downloading the software without going through through the Daz Central fiasco? Since i am back on PC, I can't help myself - gotta mess around in Cararra!!

Post edited by Realtime on

Comments

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    edited January 2023

DAZ Install Manager is my preferred method of downloading my Daz content.  You might be able to DL the exe installer from your account page, if that's still an option.

If you wan the last beta then DIM is your best bet

Post edited by ProPose on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Can install through the Daz Install Manager (DIM) or by manual download.  Found it by going to my account page, product library, and then searching for Carrara 8.5 Pro.  The program is about 150 MB or so.  Don't confuse the main program with a render node for additional computers that are part of a render farm. Scroll down to see the entire list of downloadable files.  For my machine, I was looking for Carrara 8.5 Pro for Windows, 64 bit.  The manual downloads for me are in the center column, but have to scroll down because the DIM install files are at the top.  

Hope it helps, and enjoy!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Yeah I've never done anything except manual downloads.  I sure don't use DIM or whatever daz's thing is.  Diomede beat me to it, but yeah, you sure can.  Just go to your product library, search for Carrara 8.5 pro and pick the manual download option (like Diomede said, it's about 150 MB for Win 64, which is what I use).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821

DAZ central would have to be the worst way possible (Connect it isn't even possible) to Download anything but DAZ studio used content

DIM gets 90% of Carrara and Poser content the rest you may need to do manually

Bryce forget DIM even

• Awesome - thank you for the quick response. I am now predominantly using Character Creator 3&4 and Blender. That said, I've still never found any 3d software that I enjoy as much as Carrara. Hoping to become a bit more active in this community again now that I am back on a PC.
    Small but legit rant: I have always loved Carrara and the community - those feelings and loyalties seem to fuel my absolute resistance toward Daz. Daz's outright disregard (neglect) of the best software/community in their stable was and still is a bad business decision. Everytime I revisit Carrara, I am reminded of the capabilities and potential of Carrara along with it's mismanagement. Had Carrara been managed correctly, I believe that it would have been positioned to gain the market of Vue, Poser, Shade 3d and possibly some of C4D and would have had a head start on the folks at Reallusion. As is, Reallusion + Blender are best-positioned, as they continue to imbed themselves strategically into the industry/market. If current trend continues, Daz 3d/Studio may move toward obsolescence or simply return back simply being only a 3d content provider (which appears to have been their only aspiration). Sad that it came at the cost of Carrara's future. I am preaching to the choir so I digress:)