Space Road Stop and Add-Ons [Commercial]

keraberakerabera Posts: 117

space road stop is a space sation for the intergalactic travelers.
i have the project to completly build the inside of the station.

the first product is already in shop https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop

it include a principal room where spaceships can land, a controlroom for operators, an outside docking port for compatible spaceship, a level for storage and a walk with view to outside.

i designed the station to can be connected with duplicate asset of it, with doors to be able to moove beetween those station.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add-on 01

https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop-add-on-01

It include a registration and waiting room, a little security room with jail ,automatic vending machines and toilets for the people waiting for space travel and an elevator with his access for maintenance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add-on 02

https://www.daz3d.com/space-road-stop-add-on-02

It include the 64 living unit who take place behind the windows at the top of the station. Those 64 living units are composed of 2  differents models. The first with 2 bedrooms, one with a big bed, the other with 2 beds for children; the second unit smaller with only the bedroom with one bed. Those living units are connected to corridors, elevators and a principal big room who do the connection to add-on 01. there is also a technical unit who join the maintenance path inside the elevator of add-on01 and the big room of add-on 02, and another little technical unit at the end of each corridor of the linving unit area. Finaly there is the walkway who create a path between connected station, like in the Space Road Stop Level-1 asset.

Post edited by kerabera on

Comments

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 578
    edited January 2023

If this is to the same standard as the first two and I very much belive it will be.

Then please TAKE MY MONEY.

I have been waiting for this ever since you posted you were working on it, ( its christams all over again) sorry getting carried away with myself.

If you are into SCI FI and you have not looked at kerabera stuff then you are missing out.

Now all I have to do is wait. Have I said I dont do waiting

Post edited by myotherworld on
  • keraberakerabera Posts: 117

the add-on 2 is published 

if you want to work with the full figure, just a tip before load it in scene:

put your viewport in "smooth shaded" before loading the asset. the 64 iterations of the living unit asset could drain all the power of your graphic card.

if you have a 10 years old computer like me, directly put the viewport in "wire boxing box", then put it in "smooth shaded" when asset loaded in your viewport.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,759

I was amused and appreciative of your warning in the product files. So much better than in Documents where they might have not been found until it was too late.

This is one heck of a product series. Thank you very much.

Mary

edited April 2023

memcneil70 said:

I was amused and appreciative of your warning in the product files. So much better than in Documents where they might have not been found until it was too late.

This is one heck of a product series. Thank you very much.

Mary

thanks Mary

i put these small indication so that people do not wast too much time to know how it works.

Post edited by kerabera on
  • sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

I love these sets, especially how "clean" they look, in the sense that they don't have all kinds of wires and such hanging out all over. it's how I would build a structure like this, with all the workings behind wall panels. I'm curious though about the robotic legs on the woman in the promos for the second add-on. Where can I find them?

the robotic legs are one of my first try/work/test of daz3d, it's very bugged and not friendly use (they are not a morph for genesis 3 but a new mecanisme, all the axes are differents from the base bone of genesis character so pose of genesis don't work) so i don't put it on sale. but I still use them in promo given the huge time I spent on them at the time.

yes the common part where public can access are a "clean/poor" style but the futur part where only the staff of the sattion can access like reactor will be more wire,cable and pipe stuff.

"futur part"

hello I like the sound of that, are you saying theres more to come?

myotherworld said:

"futur part"

hello I like the sound of that, are you saying theres more to come?

ah ah yes. i have the project to completely fill the station.

i started working add-on3, with the hall next the central room of add-on2 .for the moment there is a self-service refectory for visitor and crew member with kitchen,cold room and all the stuff for coocking. i think there will be also a bar, a room with cultural stuff and a store for vending parts for spaceship maintenance or something like that. there is also the paths to make the junction to the 2 corridors "SRS 17 Corridor Alpha"

and for the futur add-on 4,5, and more:

-the garden (you can see his place in space road stop, at the top of the station, behind a big moveable part)

-the room with evacuation module (behind the big yellow door in addon2,you can see the overture for ejection pod on the outside bottom of the station ),

-a fully automatic room where all the box are tidy coming from the small elevator you can see on space road stop level 0,

-reactor room who provide electricity, water treatment room ,may be small dark corridor for aeration like in alien1.

-crew dormitory, computer room and infirmary will take place under the antenna zone.

-a room for the maintenance of the circular droïd who carry spaceship in level 0

-and many maintenance rooms to make junction between all the sector.

Good God ( Other deities are available )

I am so wanting this

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

kerabera said:

the robotic legs are one of my first try/work/test of daz3d, it's very bugged and not friendly use (they are not a morph for genesis 3 but a new mecanisme, all the axes are differents from the base bone of genesis character so pose of genesis don't work) so i don't put it on sale. but I still use them in promo given the huge time I spent on them at the time.

yes the common part where public can access are a "clean/poor" style but the futur part where only the staff of the sattion can access like reactor will be more wire,cable and pipe stuff.

Too bad. They are very cool legs! The add-ons you are working on look great! Looking forward to them. 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 485
    edited November 2023

I've been looking at getting Space Road Stop Add-On 02 since it was released and I finally got it two days ago.  I started exploring it yesterday.  My system (Window 10, 16Gb RAM, RTX 2060 w/6 Gb VRAM) struggles with the massive amount of texturing but I can bring that into barely manageable control with a few utilities that I have (Scene Optimizer, Render Throttle for Iray Camera View Optimizer, etc.).

I loaded Living Unit Big today and I am trying to brighten the lighting in the living room in Iray Viewport to something like the promo images of the living room.  I did not have any success through.  I applied the material for Light Living ON High but it does not add much brightness.  I’ve played with the emissions setting for the living room lights, as well as Tome Mapping settings for exposure value, shutter speed, F/Stop and Film ISO.

I finally decided to do an Iray render and in it the lighting is much brighter as it is in the promo images.  Is this the way that the product is intended to work or is there something that I am missing to brighten the scene in the Iray Viewport?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  It occured to me not long ago that mayne the issue is with the new Nvidia Studio driver that I installed on Friday.  I'll have to explore more with the current driver and maybe roll back to the previous driver.

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • Just noticed in add-on 1, 'Waiting Area' main sign, the word 'AREA' is spelt 'AERA' in promo images 4 and 17. Easy enough for a user to change, but if there's an update, may be worth correcting. Regards, Richard.

jjoyner said:

I've been looking at getting Space Road Stop Add-On 02 since it was released and I finally got it two days ago.  I started exploring it yesterday.  My system (Window 10, 16Gb RAM, RTX 2060 w/6 Gb VRAM) struggles with the massive amount of texturing but I can bring that into barely manageable control with a few utilities that I have (Scene Optimizer, Render Throttle for Iray Camera View Optimizer, etc.).

I loaded Living Unit Big today and I am trying to brighten the lighting in the living room in Iray Viewport to something like the promo images of the living room.  I did not have any success through.  I applied the material for Light Living ON High but it does not add much brightness.  I’ve played with the emissions setting for the living room lights, as well as Tome Mapping settings for exposure value, shutter speed, F/Stop and Film ISO.

I finally decided to do an Iray render and in it the lighting is much brighter as it is in the promo images.  Is this the way that the product is intended to work or is there something that I am missing to brighten the scene in the Iray Viewport?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  It occured to me not long ago that mayne the issue is with the new Nvidia Studio driver that I installed on Friday.  I'll have to explore more with the current driver and maybe roll back to the previous driver.

the promo image are not photoshopped, the light you see in it is the light you must have in your rendering with the default setting in the render tab (tone, exposure ,etc)

but don't forget that in the promo image there is also the light coming from the outside because the deflector are open, light who simulate a near star

this oustide light is a "Distant Light" with high number like 40 000 in "Luminous Flux" setting. try to put one in the outside, put the luminous setting you want and play with the direction of the light.

richardandtracy said:

Just noticed in add-on 1, 'Waiting Area' main sign, the word 'AREA' is spelt 'AERA' in promo images 4 and 17. Easy enough for a user to change, but if there's an update, may be worth correcting. Regards, Richard.

yes there is a mistake on the promo image but i remember it was corrected before the sale.

the file is named "ecran plafond 09", look in your texture repertory, i'm partially sure it's the good one.

if not, here a link of this texture https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztB7YpxjO1_c_BjLxPlgWfXHmRjIIXBz/view?usp=drive_link, save it and put in the texture repertory: Runtime/Textures/kerabera/SRS add 01

edited November 2023

kerabera said:

the promo image are not photoshopped, the light you see in it is the light you must have in your rendering with the default setting in the render tab (tone, exposure ,etc)

but don't forget that in the promo image there is also the light coming from the outside because the deflector are open, light who simulate a near star

this oustide light is a "Distant Light" with high number like 40 000 in "Luminous Flux" setting. try to put one in the outside, put the luminous setting you want and play with the direction of the light.

I’ve concluded that the Nvidia driver is not the issue.  I rolled back to Nvidia Studio driver 537.42 that I was using prior to updating it last Friday to 546.01.  I then loaded three different scenes from other products that were bright in the Iray viewport and bright in an Iray render.  Living Unit Big was overly bright.  I then reinstalled Nvidia Studio driver 546.01 and reloaded the same three scenes from other products to compare brightness between the Iray viewport and an Iray render.  The other three scenes were bright in the Iray viewport and bright in an Iray render.  Living Unit Big was dark in the Iray viewport but bright in an Iray render.

Attached are the following images

1. Promo image of living area
    2. Iray viewport of living area with one distant light
    3. Iray render of living area with one distant light
    4. Iray viewport of living area with no distant lights
    5. Iray render of living area with no distant lights

I also loaded one scene from Space Road Stop and Space Road Stop Add-On 01 with similar experiences.  So, there is no real issue except for the difference in the brightness levels of the scenes between the Iray viewport and an Iray render.  Not a show stopper.  Keep ‘em coming.

Promo image of living room.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 828K
    Iray viewport of living area with default distant light.jpg
    1000 x 585 - 81K
    Render of living area with default distant light.jpg
    691 x 837 - 170K
    Iray viewport of living area with no distant lights.jpg
    1000 x 585 - 69K
    Render of living area with no distant lights.jpg
    691 x 837 - 169K

ah ok your problem is in fact you are working in iray mode on the viewport, it's not the final rendering.

here what i have in viewport in iray mode, with no outside distant light and window protection closed, all setting in render tab at default

i don't know what happen to you.

my config is older than yours: win7,intel 3590 (yes 10 years old),16 Go ram, GTX 960 4Go

my nvidia driver: 472.12

daz3d version 4.21

may be did you clic something in the setting of viewport, like this:

or in the daz setting: Edit>Préference>Interface

another thing:

work with the asset in the repertory "SRS partial figure" and not with ones in the "SRS props". why ? because in "SRS prop" it's the 3D asset alone so you will have "hole" like door and windows for your exemple, and the light from the dome could be interfere.

with "SRS partial figure", when you load the big room for your exemple, the asset door and windows are loaded and correctly placed so no more dome light.

why i don't merge all the asset in one ? because the door for exemple is common for the two models rooms and also for the corridor. with my method, when you work with scene who take place only in corridor you are not forced to load all the rooms, only the door. for our small computer it's a really help.

edited November 2023

another thing:

work with the asset in the repertory "SRS partial figure" and not with ones in the "SRS props". why ? because in "SRS prop" it's the 3D asset alone so you will have "hole" like door and windows for your exemple, and the light from the dome could be interfere.

with "SRS partial figure", when you load the big room for your exemple, the asset door and windows are loaded and correctly placed so no more dome light.

here what i have in viewport in iray mode, with no outside distant light and window protection closed, all setting in render tab at default

I generally load items via Smart Content even though I know that the file organization of some products is more helpful in the Content Library.  Now I see the Full Figure and Partial Figure directories.  I loaded Living Unit Big from the Partial Figure directory with no outside distant light and window protection closed, all setting in render tab at default also and now my Iray viewport scene looks very similar to yours.  Differences are likely due to the differences in the GPU and Nvidia drivers on our computers.

Below are screen captures of my Iray viewport and an Iray render.

I look forward to your future releases although I may need a more capable computer to handle them.   :)

Living Unit Big - viewport.jpg
    1000 x 559 - 105K
    Living Unit Big - render.jpg
    734 x 872 - 478K
  • jjoyner said:

another thing:

I generally load items via Smart Content even though I know that the file organization of some products is more helpful in the Content Library.  Now I see the Full Figure and Partial Figure directories.  I loaded Living Unit Big from the Partial Figure directory with no outside distant light and window protection closed, all setting in render tab at default also and now my Iray viewport scene looks very similar to yours.  Differences are likely due to the differences in the GPU and Nvidia drivers on our computers.

Below are screen captures of my Iray viewport and an Iray render.

I look forward to your future releases although I may need a more capable computer to handle them.   :)

If you delete the attachment after inserting the inline link there will be no image for people whoi view later (you may well see the cached image still).

edited November 2023

Richard,

Thanks for letting me know.  This was the first time that I did an inline link of an image.

jjoyner, good job. yes

(don't forget to shut down the camera headlamp before rendering, but you probably know it)

a little update to say i still working H24 on the next add.

probably publish in march or april (or june, all the props take a crazy time,it's a pain in the ass)

there will be:

-a refectory with the kitchen and freezer room, with props (food, chair,table, cooking tools, washing machine, etc)

-a bar on three levels and stock room, with props (alcohol bottle, drink, chair, table, arcade game etc)

-a big hall on two levels (for the moment it's empty, i'm not sure if i want to put something particular or let people populate the thing whith their scenary stuff)

-a maintenance corridor and elevator for the 2 futur levels of add-on 4

-a corridor who connect this add-on to add-on 2 and join the two corridors with outside view that you can find in the space road stop original.

all fully rigged

• looking and sounding interesring.

glad to see your still at it

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,759

I appreciate your dedication to this set. The series was one I made sure to install on my new computers.

• Really looking forward to the next add-on set!