Font of DS 4.8 is very small

Hi.

The resolution of my new PC is 1920 x 1080 pixels, and the font in DS are very small.

Is there a way to change the size of the font in general?

Font.JPG
376 x 897 - 93K

Comments

• There used to be. But not anymore.  The only option within Studio is to change your default Workspace layout. Some have larger fonts than the others but not by much. If I remember correctly City limits has the smallest font size.  You might try Self Serve. Otherwise, The next option it to lower your screen resolution. And I found that it works better. If you uninstall Daz Studio first. Change the screen res. Then reinstall Daz. 

Plenty of people have made complaints about the font size. But no one at Daz apears to be taking note. The only suggestion I can make is to complain to Daz directly. Or If everyone who has an issue with the font size would make a request for larger fonts in feedback. Maybe eventually Daz will Reconcider. 

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

I have that problem too, now I barely use Studio because it strains my eyes so badly. Even lowering my screen resolution does not help, everything else is fine at the new settings -- and I have to use the Windows Accessibility options for years now -- but not Daz Studio. If the next version doesn't do something about it, I'm afraid I'll have to give up altogether, which is a shame because Genesis works better in it than in my old faithful, Poser, which (at least for the moment) I still can see. frown

• Roboman28Roboman28 Posts: 210
    edited August 2015

I'll certainly second that request although I have mentioned it before. I have a 27" 4k ie 3840 x 2160 screen and the letters are very small and only just readable. 4k screens are becoming increasingly common so Daz Studio needs to take account of this in some future (hopefully soon) revision. I was hoping Windows 10 might have a way of compensating but it doesn't.

Post edited by Roboman28 on
  • I too agree that the fonts DS 4.8 are WAY TOO SMALL.

I squint, squint, squint the whole time the program is open.  I have already changed the font size to "medium" in Windows.  Changing it to large will make other applications (those that WERE coded better) to become unusable.

And telling me to decrease my monitor resolution is not an acceptable solution.  That would make it harder to work in graphic programs and isn't right because I bought very good IPS monitors by Asus made for working in visual media.  Telling me to downgrade them is like telling a trucker that he should stop using his big rig and change to a rusted out panel van.  no

• Yes, please give us a way to change the font size Daz! enlightened

• chorsechorse Posts: 163

Agree with all.  Font sizes should be customizable.

• Tim NTim N Posts: 193

I'm old -- I need a larger font!

Now get off my damn lawn, you kids.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Size DOES matter - sometimes ...

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Can be done through the OS; windows shown but Linux (and presumably OS X ) can too.

font sizes.jpg
    1205 x 778 - 134K
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

And for some reason, Studio seems to totally ignore it. sad