signs / boards / menu boards

what about some different standing signs / standing blackboards boards / standing menu boards (blackboards) of different old/rustic style with wooden frame or iron frame with the possibillity to add images. ?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Have you checked Maclean's store. He has lots of useful items   http://www.daz3d.com/maclean#

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited August 2015
    Chohole said:

Have you checked Maclean's store. He has lots of useful items   http://www.daz3d.com/maclean#

In the set "cafe italia" there is one little sign (menu board) so why should I buy the whole set? I mean such a board, yes, but with different styles. So a menu board pack if you will :) The should fit to sets like "streets of old london"

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,914

Thanks for the Maclean tip; I've been debating a series with a more contemporary theme, and some of the stuff (particularly the kits, but also diner, bedroom, bathroom, etc) would be very handy.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes  Mac makes some very useful packs.  I have bought quite a few of them.  Had to remember to remove the "Hide What I Own" things so I could check what exactly he does have as so many were hidden at first glance.

Thanks for the Maclean tip; I've been debating a series with a more contemporary theme, and some of the stuff (particularly the kits, but also diner, bedroom, bathroom, etc) would be very handy.

int. for the hotel room is also great, have used some stuff for a room I have created out of two sets. Here is an image :)

have used the bed, the chairs, the tables and the lamps from the hotel room set but have changed the textures. The room itself is created out of two sets: bc movie stands the office and the office 2

http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bc movie stands

sleazy hotel full - Kopie.jpg
    1658 x 936 - 197K

so but why should I buy a whole set I do not need for just one standing sandwich board?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Most of the time a simple plane primitive is all that's needed to make a sign.  Just scale to the needed size and add an image to the diffuse.  That's one reason why a 'sign pack' won't sell much by itself and specific ones are in specific sets.

That said, Mac's Streets and Hallways sets do have a fair number of signs in them.

mjc1016 said:

Most of the time a simple plane primitive is all that's needed to make a sign.  Just scale to the needed size and add an image to the diffuse.  That's one reason why a 'sign pack' won't sell much by itself and specific ones are in specific sets.

That said, Mac's Streets and Hallways sets do have a fair number of signs in them.

I have build one out of a trestle and an image, will show it in a view minutes, but my DS is busy right now :)

here it is, maybe a bit morbid but it looks good I think :)

slice and dice night sign.jpg
    800 x 800 - 125K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited August 2015

Nice...

I just realized something...and should have thought of it before, but my chalkboard can double as a sign...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/55685/view/11/Poser/Chalkboard

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Thanks for pointing out my products.

I have quite a few signs scattered around in various products, but I can understand the OP not wanting to buy a whole pack just for one item. The only consolation I can offer is that I have a (sort of) signs pack on my To Do list. I'm planning a pack of items which carry advertising - billboards, signs, flers, etc. I haven't gotten any further than scribbling down a few notes, and I have no idea when I'll get round to it, but it will appear at some point.

In the meantime, any suggestions and ideas are welcome.