Best way to Package this for sale

So I've got some prop/objects, that have Geom shells and d-formers, that I need to save together as a loadable "thing/group" so I can sell it.

I've tried saving as a (1)Scene, (2)Scene Subset, (3)Scene Asset(s)... and (4)Figure/Prop Asset(s)...

With the following issues:

1) Scene - File is encrypted so I have no idea what it is referencing
2) Scene Subset - References a bunch of DSF's in my data directory, which have odd paths and names
3) Scene Asset(s)... - References a bunch of DSF's in my data directory, which have odd paths and names
4) Figure/Prop Asset(s)... - Won't save all items as a group, just saves one of the items...

Is there any way to do this?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Figure/Prop asset...that should put everything in proper order.

Then, after all the parts are correct, then saving it as a scene should work.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited August 2015

You'll want to save each individual item as a figure/prop first, regardless of what you plan to do with it after.

After that, it really depends on what it is and what the intent is. For props/architecture, something like that, you'll want to save the entire thing as a scene subset. That way, when people select the preset, it will come into the existing scene they have open, instead of forcing them to close and open a new one, as a scene would.

If it's clothing, you'd want to save the entirety as a Wearable preset. For that, you click on the figure -- G2F/G3f, whatever -- do File menu, then Save as then Wearable preset. When the figure pops up, all the items fitted or parented to it should be visible as a list below the name of the figure.

All that said ... I know there's a specific trick or two to packaging things so that they can be sold/distributed, but I don't know what it is. I think there's actually a tutorial in the store on that.

Also, Casual has a script for it as well: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjpackager - although that's rather old.

Razor42 has a tutorial at Renderosity called "DA Tutorial Daz Prop Distribution" which might be helpful.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    3dOutlaw said:
    1) Scene - File is encrypted so I have no idea what it is referencing

It isn't encrypted, it's zipped. There ought to be a tickbox in the save dialog like there is in all the other save dialogs, but it seems to have been left off for the plain save. Something worth opening a Support Ticket for, maybe.

3dOutlaw said:
    2) Scene Subset - References a bunch of DSF's in my data directory, which have odd paths and names

This is why single items should be saved as Figure/Prop Asset first — once everything is saved with all the data files in their proper folders, then you can save a scene subset, which refers to all those already-existing data files.

3dOutlaw said:

4) Figure/Prop Asset(s)... - Won't save all items as a group, just saves one of the items...

That's how it's supposed to work. The "save group of items" function is Scene Subset.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

oh, ok its a two step process...I didn't realize that.  Thanks