Property Groups broken, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using DS 4.6.3.50. I'm organizing the ridiculous mess in Genesis' property groups. After I've made my changes with Edit Mode, how do I save the changes? I save as Support Assets>Prop/Figure or >Morph Assets, close DS, then load the figure I saved, and the changes I made in Edit Mode have been reverted.

Saving as a scene seems to be working, but I get the bad feeling that DS is going to sneak in and revert here, too.

Comments

• Saev Modifies Assets (making sure no actual values have been changed) - but note that any update to the products in question will then overwrite your changes. Alternatively save as a Scene subset or Character Preset and load that isntead of the default file.

• JQPJQP Posts: 511
    Thanks RH. Does GenX overwrite changes, too?
    Nope, saving as a scene doesn't work. Just saved a fresh scene and reopened it to find the last hour of work gone. I did nothing but work with Groups; I modified no files.
    DS is moving morphs out of the groups I put them in, and back into the stupid groups they come with. At least it's not deleting the groups I'm creating. Well, not yet.
    Yep, Property Groups are broken in this version. DS just does whatever the hell it wants to with PGs and morph dials. I'd ask if it's been fixed in newer versions but I doubt I'd get a correct answer.
    I don't see how Genesis is useable at all when user can't even sort the morph dials. They're an unmitigated disaster, and there's no way to fix it.
  • Please report this as a bug, with steps to reproduce.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Which morphs? and moving them from where to where?

Bug report? Which morphs? Lol. It's the entire behavior of the program, clearly a "feature," not a bug. And it doesn't matter where I put morphs. Just checked a clean install of G2F that I've barely ever loaded, much less fiddled with. Put a morph in DAZ/Stupid/Non-Organized into whatever/whocares. Save it as "whatever format you like, because it doesn't matter," then open it in DS again, to find not only has DS destroyed whatever structure you created, it has also not restored the morphs to where they were before; instead, DS has created a hybrid mishmash nightmare of DAZ/whatever/Stupid/whocares/Non-Organized. DAZ should just completely excise this godawful mess and let DS discover the morphs and display them in the Parameters tab however they are sorted by the operating system. Then users can sort them in the infinitely superior file system of whatever operating system they're using. The morph's location should not be dictated by the morph, clearly that system is an abject failure.
    Oh, and in the meantime, patch DS so that it doesn't compress the DSF files in the Genesis folder, so we can at least try to manually edit the broken (by design) files with text tools without having to decompress and then recompress them. I've got 20+tb of disk space, I don't need to compress a couple gigs of DSF files.
    I really can't believe how bad this is. Completely breaks Genesis.
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Any file you save will have the option to be compressed on not, downloaded product files are compressed to use less disk space but there is a batch decompress function in Studio.  You need to save the changes in such a way that it write the new region and group assignment to the morph files in the data folder, Save As / Support Asset / Morph Asset.  You could also manually change the files by using a good text file program that can do a batch Find and Replace on files and subfolders, it my preferred way.  Beware that any update to a morph product will just set the changes back their original.

• You can also uncompress files using the Batch Convert pane.