Arms drag pose problem

Hello guys,

I have a problem when I try to pose gen3fem arms in click and drag mode... I click in gen3 hand and drag mouse around to try to pose gen3 arm but this don't react in the same way of previous genesis version.

There is a solution for this problem or not?

Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Don't react the same in what way?  What version of DS?  4.8.0.59 fixed an issue with the new rigging.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If it's slow to respond, try playing around with the Display Optimization setting uncer Preferences > Interface

• riomairiomai Posts: 44
    edited August 2015

Sorry for waiting...

Mike, I don't know if this is fixed or not but is the 4.8.0.59.

I have upload a video in youtube right now. I don't know if I can link other site but... this is:

Thanks.

Post edited by riomai on
  • JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Looks like the min-max settings just changed. Like it is hitting limits and then resulting in the deformations you see. (I can see the super restriction in the shoulders.)

Also, I believe they changed the way the shoulders are now linked, so they might have to tune the IK to compensate.

Ar your feet pinned or something? Looked like the model went on her tip-toes, and got pulled back down again, for a moment. (Just a curiosity there. They say to "lock" the lower leg bone instead of pinning.)

You are right that it does not work the same. It isn't the same skeleton. Also, it is trying to "draw the skin", which is more complex, as is the mesh. The causes some Lag. You are moving almost 3x more triangles, unless you turn the HD off on the model...

- HD mouth-realism

- HD model-mesh

Also, the models don't go "super-low-res" when moving, like Gen2 does. (Gen2 actually deforms quite a bit when you are moving it. Gen3 low-res is still mostly high-res.)

If you are just posing, to setup poses, for a scene... Do that with a stripped model to help speed-up the process. Then save the scene-poses, and go back and dress the model and skin it with the HD settings on. (Not a big issue for just one model, but doing a full scenery of poses can be rather laggy and jittery. Still not a fan of IK, the way it is handled here. Faster for me to just use the sliders, when they don't jump to specific random groups, like rotate or translate, when I am trying to use all controls, not just isolated random controls. xD.)

• Thanks JD. No my feet isn't pinned.

Guys please, can I fix this?