DAZ Horse 3 - Status

Comments

• barbult said:

Has anyone been able to get the Western Horse Tack for Daz Horse 3 to fit the Thoroughbred morph. It has hidden morphs that get dialed in automatically when fit to the Thoroughbred, but the reins are not properly positioned. They do not connect ot the bit rings and they intersect the saddle.

Here is the basic Daz Horse 3 with the Thoroughbred morph dialed in. The same errors happen if I load the tack on the Thoroughbred model.

That happened with the gray horse render that I did, and I wondered why. I had used the Thoroughbred model to start. I ended up dragging the reins manually to meet the bit. 

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 446
    edited February 2023

As soon as you apply one of the poses to them the reins look OK again. Which seems to point to it being some kind of saddle pose curio.

Post edited by ecks201 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

RawArt said:

barbult said:

Has anyone been able to get the Western Horse Tack for Daz Horse 3 to fit the Thoroughbred morph. It has hidden morphs that get dialed in automatically when fit to the Thoroughbred, but the reins are not properly positioned. They do not connect ot the bit rings and they intersect the saddle.

Here is the basic Daz Horse 3 with the Thoroughbred morph dialed in. The same errors happen if I load the tack on the Thoroughbred model.

I found if you load the tack parts seperately instead of using the "load all" preset, then they fit the bit properly

Thanks for your response. That gives me hope that there is a solution. But I still can't get it to work. I think I tried all of the available options now, but the reins never connect to the bit on the Thoroughbred for me.

Are you loading the individual Accessory items Western Horse Tack Halter and Western Horse Tack Reins? What is the correct thing to select in the scene when loading them? I tried selecting the Thoroughbred for both - didn't work. I tried selecting the Thoroughbred for the halter and the halter for the reins - didn't work. 

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 446
    edited February 2023

Same problem here, so I tested it in reverse.

The reins are correctly positioned after applying any of the poses, so I did that and then dialled out the thoroughbred to see what would happen.
    The reins moved to the correct position. Dialled back in they moved to the correct position again. New pose. dial out, dial in, the reins were in the correct position.
    Which makes me wonder if the reins are missing an initial morph that should be applied when DH3 is using the thoroughbred morph.

Edit: There's an update on DIM. Wonder if that will fix it...

Yep. Load thoroughbred, load all tack. Everything where it should be

Post edited by ecks201 on

ecks201 said:

Same problem here, so I tested it in reverse.

The reins are correctly positioned after applying any of the poses, so I did that and then dialled out the thoroughbred to see what would happen.
    The reins moved to the correct position. Dialled back in they moved to the correct position again. New pose. dial out, dial in, the reins were in the correct position.
    Which makes me wonder if the reins are missing an initial morph that should be applied when DH3 is using the thoroughbred morph.

Edit: There's an update on DIM. Wonder if that will fix it...

Yep. Load thoroughbred, load all tack. Everything where it should be

That is a brilliant discovery! Thank you so much! I had posed the horse first and then decided to add the tack. It never occurred to me to repose it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023

FSMCDesigns said:

MelissaGT said:

barbult said:

Is it me or is the horn on that saddle teeny tiny? It's been years since I've used one, but I seem to remember the horn being about twice the size.  

Thinking the same thing. I think the overall quality of that tack is lacking

That's pretty much been the ongoing description for most of the Horse 3 product, hasn't it?  Let's not even get into the garish and horrifically over-priced texture set add-ons for both tack sets...

Cybersox said:

FSMCDesigns said:

MelissaGT said:

barbult said:

Is it me or is the horn on that saddle teeny tiny? It's been years since I've used one, but I seem to remember the horn being about twice the size.  

That's pretty much been the ongoing description for most of the Horse 3 product, hasn't it?  Let's not even get into the garish and horrifically over-priced texture set add-ons for both tack sets...

The tack texture expansion is a bit garish, I'll give you that, but it wasn't expensive.

Western Horse Tack Texture Expansion

$4.03

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,880

Question: has anyone gotten the wind node to work properly on the mane and tail? Purely as a test, I did a static drape -- I didn't use a timeline because I didn't pose the horse or move it from world center, so I wouldn't have gained anything that way. I extended the stabilization time over and over and moved the wind node closer and further, increased the wind node speed, cleared the drape between each test and so forth., but no matter what I did, except for a few stray hairs, the mane didn't react to the wind node, and nothing on the tail reacted to the wind at all.

The tail at least has a few movement morphs, so it's not hugely necessary there, but the mane just lays down on the neck otherwise.

Using Studio 4.21 official build on Windows, if that makes any difference.

edited March 2023

vwrangler said:

Question: has anyone gotten the wind node to work properly on the mane and tail? Purely as a test, I did a static drape -- I didn't use a timeline because I didn't pose the horse or move it from world center, so I wouldn't have gained anything that way. I extended the stabilization time over and over and moved the wind node closer and further, increased the wind node speed, cleared the drape between each test and so forth., but no matter what I did, except for a few stray hairs, the mane didn't react to the wind node, and nothing on the tail reacted to the wind at all.

The tail at least has a few movement morphs, so it's not hugely necessary there, but the mane just lays down on the neck otherwise.

I dForced just the mane with a wind node here. I also changed the hair color to a dark brown.

Horse 3 dForce Wind Node.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 399K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023

barbult said:

Cybersox said:

FSMCDesigns said:

MelissaGT said:

barbult said:

The tack texture expansion is a bit garish, I'll give you that, but it wasn't expensive.

Western Horse Tack Texture Expansion

$4.03

Expensive as they're being sold at the price of normal DAZ Original texture sets, yet include only three textures each... half of what you would get in normal texture set for a DAZ product, even PC+ items.  That's pretty much the classic definition of Shrinkflation.    

DIM has an update for itself and the western and English tack. It says it fixes problems caused by Daz Horse 3 update. I haven't installed it yet.

barbult said:

DIM has an update for itself and the western and English tack. It says it fixes problems caused by Daz Horse 3 update. I haven't installed it yet.

I installed the updates. The Western Tack now loads in the correct position on Daz Horse 3. yes
    However, Daz messed up the metadata somehow, and only one pose shows up in  Smart Content for the product now. no The pose files are there, the metadata is just bad. I overwrote it with my backed up version and reloaded it the metadata with Content DB Maintenancw Now I can see the poses in Smart Content again. yes

barbult said:

vwrangler said:

I dForced just the mane with a wind node here. I also changed the hair color to a dark brown.

Thanks. I may need to reinstall the horse, I guess.

edited March 2023

This is what I did to use wind on that horse mane. Notice that I changed gravity and air resistance in the Simulation Settings.

Horse Mane Wind Node.png
    1657 x 983 - 577K
    edited March 2023

This is my attempt to make a lighter horse with white mane, using the only horse skin texture I have - Thoroughbred. I made the coat and mane color changes in the surfaces tab, not an image editor, but I did draw the blaze in Photoshop and applied it with LIE. I didn't show the bottom of the legs, because the very dark socks of the Thoroughbred didn't stand up to my lightening very well. I'm not a horse person (never owned one and only rode one a few times), so don't judge me too harshly. I had fun anyway.

Horse 3 Light Color Iron Ridge_003_Default Camera (2).jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
  • barbult said:

This is my attempt to make a lighter horse with white mane, using the only horse skin texture I have - Thoroughbred. I made the coat and mane color changes in the surfaces tab, not an image editor, but I did draw the blaze in Photoshop and applied it with LIE. I didn't show the bottom of the legs, because the very dark socks of the Thoroughbred didn't stand up to my lightening very well. I'm not a horse person (never owned one and only rode one a few times), so don't judge me too harshly. I had fun anyway.

Not a bad palamino skin at allsmiley 

Thanks for the affirming feedback.
  • CerragCerrag Posts: 251

carrie58 said:

Can anyone who has bought the DAZ Horse 3 test the poses for me? I'm having some major issues with the included poses and the front legs and chest ...... want to see if it's just me please

I also have these horrible joint problems when applying poses I've purchased from the store, even after the update! I have to say I'm pretty disgusted with this model.  I cannot believe they released it as it is for any reason.  I never want to insult anyone's product but this horse is terrible.  I'd say had the poses not shown any distortion, I wouldn't be making this post but like I said, I've updated and still have the issues.  They're exactly the same as the examples carrie58 posted, and clear to see in those renders.  I've bought nearly all the stuff for this 'horse' and am seriously considering returning it all, something I almost never do.  

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979

Cerrag said:

carrie58 said:

Can anyone who has bought the DAZ Horse 3 test the poses for me? I'm having some major issues with the included poses and the front legs and chest ...... want to see if it's just me please

I also have these horrible joint problems when applying poses I've purchased from the store, even after the update! I have to say I'm pretty disgusted with this model.  I cannot believe they released it as it is for any reason.  I never want to insult anyone's product but this horse is terrible.  I'd say had the poses not shown any distortion, I wouldn't be making this post but like I said, I've updated and still have the issues.  They're exactly the same as the examples carrie58 posted, and clear to see in those renders.  I've bought nearly all the stuff for this 'horse' and am seriously considering returning it all, something I almost never do.  

I did the update and so far I'm no longer having the issues ...... and like you I've bought almost all the stuff for the Horse3 , try reinstalling don't give up hope ....

edited March 2023

Thanks again carrie58 and I'll give it one more shot but after that, I'll probably post a western render showing G8M putting that horse out of its (and my) misery.

Post edited by Cerrag on
    edited March 2023

Here is my fantasy rainbow horse. I've been playing in the Surfaces pane again.

Horse 3 Fantasy.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 5M
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited March 2023

Quick comparison with the Hivewire Horse...wanted to do a bit of a closeup with the western tack - 

I tried for HOURS to get that mane to do...something...but was obviously unsuccessful. I had a wind node in there, but we really need some starting morphs at the least. I also couldn't figure out how to make it look higher res despite bumping it to SubD 2. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

carrie58 said:

Cerrag said:

carrie58 said:

I did the update and so far I'm no longer having the issues ...... and like you I've bought almost all the stuff for the Horse3 , try reinstalling don't give up hope ....

what is this update? I didnt get one. submitted a tocket but have no response 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979

daveso said:

carrie58 said:

Cerrag said:

carrie58 said:

I just re downloaded the Horse 3 ,and reinstalled it let it overwrite the previous version

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

carrie58 said:

daveso said:

carrie58 said:

Cerrag said:

carrie58 said:

I just re downloaded the Horse 3 ,and reinstalled it let it overwrite the previous version

thanks. i will give that a try 

edited March 2023

Well this is goofy. If I load the base Horse 3 (not Thoroughbred) and then load the hair. This is what it looks like, and this is how it renders without simulation. Shouldn't the hair fit the base model? I realize it is meant to be simulated, but the mane shouldn't load in this goofy shape, pre-simulated with guide hairs poking up.

Edit: Oh, I see, the hair iin the Daz Horse 3 product s actually labeled as a preset for the Thoroughbred Coat. So I guess the basic horse doesn't get hair, unless you use the Thoroughbred hair prest on it and clear out the goofy pre-simulation.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 135947.png
    2079 x 1615 - 493K
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 140330.png
    2316 x 1775 - 879K

daveso said:

carrie58 said:

daveso said:

carrie58 said:

Cerrag said:

carrie58 said:

thanks. i will give that a try 

Awesome, it finally worked *but*, I couldn't just simply uninstall and reinstall with DIM, I had to actually search for all references to Daz Horse 3 and manually remove all of them and *then, install afresh.   Now the poses don't cause any distortion or mesh explosions so I'm happy.  I hope to God that playing with it doesn't have some other kind of issue cause I'm liking this horse again since it works as I expect it to.  Thanks again for the posts on how to fix it!

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,237
    edited March 2023

A quick render of Daz Horse 3.

Horse3_Rendertest02a.jpg
    916 x 927 - 254K
    Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,167

Design Anvil - Razor42 said:

A quick render of Daz Horse 3.

The eyes on this one don't look nearly so "freaky" LOL

barbult said:

This is what I did to use wind on that horse mane. Notice that I changed gravity and air resistance in the Simulation Settings.

Thank you! That worked. I think maybe both the default and optimal settings (the ones that come with the horse) aren't quite right.