Mirroring symmetrical "DForm" weights, for anti-symmetrical alternate "DForm" tool use.

I am working on "the eyes", which are a naturally symmetrical component... Point-wise.

However, due to the nature of some motions, like rotate left/right, on two individual Axis', you can't use symmetry selection, on one DForm tool. Otherwise it would deform both eyes, on one axis...

So... Having the points selected for the "Right Eye", on DForm_1 tool... How do I get those same "symmetrical points", for the "Left Eye", with the weights, to be added to the second DForm_2 tool.

I have already created a morph for the "Right Eye"... Is there a way to load the OBJ, flip the vertical-axis, and save it for the opposite eye morph?

(Not sure if the model is THAT symmetrical... is it?)

This is to use the morphs as a "Correction", so one new controller will adjust them both, in opposition, or together, depending on the morph.

Control-Parent "Look Side", controls Left-control and Right-control, Both same direction. "Look Cross-eye" would be opposing directions, but the same morph, just not one axis. (Just for example.)

Comments

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

NOTE: Flipping the model X, on import, seems to retain the "Left/Right" values, and somehow invert the normals. (Reorientation of the clockwise vertices draw-order.)

Flipping the normals crashes DAZ... But the morph, still retains left/right, anyways, so the morph it generates, causes the model to flip on the X axis, with the actual "shape-morph".

Essentially, the result is the same as if you just scale to -100% in DAZ, on X-axis.

Need a way to neuter the left/right, or actually swap the left-right data-ID's. If this is going to be done off just the OBJ file.

I found another "missing" element in the menu...

I "Copy weights", but there is no "Paste weights", when I go to the second tool...

That would have worked, as I could have just painted symmetry, copied, and then erased the left or right, on the appropriate tool.

Trying another idea...

edited August 2015

Got it... Yay...

Went into the deformer-tool window, and selected the "Influence Weights", and "Copy"... Then went to the other tool and "Paste"... It transferred the weight-map!

Odd that they removed "Paste" from the "Menu" when the tool is selected, but "Copy" is there... Must not be "setup" for the DFormer tool, just bones... (Didn't try to see if appears on bones weight-maps.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on