Characters in Iray Renders Showing Random Sooty Streaks on Skin & Clothing

The streaks are different and on different characters in each render, but show no matter which camera is used, and even if lighting is altered. Shutting down and reloading makes no difference. Marks dont show in texture shaded.

test.jpg
725 x 1024 - 179K

Comments

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You may get more answers if we move this to a different forum for you.  Either the actual DS forum or possibly the Commons.

Would you like it moved?

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

Yes if that would help thanks

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It does look like a lighting issue to me...like there's a very tiny mesh light somewhere...

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

I'll venture a few guess' :)

if it's lighting, then try disabling/removing lights one by one until you find the one causing it.

Maybe it's a displacement artifact? If it only shows in the render, and not in the texture view.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    icecrmn said:

I'll venture a few guess' :)

if it's lighting, then try disabling/removing lights one by one until you find the one causing it.

Maybe it's a displacement artifact? If it only shows in the render, and not in the texture view.

Not all the shadows show in preview, unless you are using the Iray preview in the aux viewport...

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    icecrmn said:

I've seen displacement issues that look like that as well, but not sure in this case because its on multiple objects, which might be a coincidence.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Working on a Pool House night scene and was getting dark streaks in the water.  Dialing down the av1PoolWaterVolume material's displacement strength setting removed the streaks.

DirtyWater.jpg
    1822 x 893 - 210K