View Port Messed Up

I somehow have messed up my view port pretty bad. At first, it was white in color after messing with Hilly Surround. I went to change the background color as I learned to do online and now, I've got this.

I reset to factory default and it didn't help. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Here's a screenshot of what I see.

messed up view port.jpg
1065 x 927 - 59K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I'm not clear what the problem is.  What aspect of it are you trying to fix?

• DarkRepastDarkRepast Posts: 221

Well, it used to look like this (see screen shot).

Now, I have only the two lines at the bottom and a strange color.

daz.jpg
    1677 x 1004 - 146K
  • ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Go back to your original layout with Window->Workspace->Select Layout. Pick the one you want, and all the windows and tabs will go back to the factory default for that layout style. If you made any changes to the layout before this, those changes will be lost.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Are you just zoomed very far in to part of the scene where there is nothing, so you are seeing just two of the floor grid lines where they intersect?

Maybe try this: In the scene pane, select your figure, then in the viewport click on the Frame icon to frame the figure.

I don't see any color difference between the two screenshots, unless I'm just overlooking something.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Oh, you mean the side panels are gone?  Try going to Window > Layout and selecting a different layout, then switching back to your preferred layout.

• DarkRepastDarkRepast Posts: 221
    Tobor said:

Go back to your original layout with Window->Workspace->Select Layout. Pick the one you want, and all the windows and tabs will go back to the factory default for that layout style. If you made any changes to the layout before this, those changes will be lost.

Thank you very much! I have no clue how I screwed it up but I really appreciate it! 

• The same thing - or something very similar - just happened to me recently too;the first time that's happened since i started to use DAZ about 4 years ago. My viewpane just up and detached itself from the rest of the workscreen and i couldn't see the whole thing anymore. Made everything really awkward until i saw this thread and did the same thing Tobor suggested (only it was an online friend who gave me the advice; I hadn't seen this thread yet). That fixed my problem too.

I wonder if the detaching viewpane is a bug unique to the latest version (4.8) of DAZ? It's never happened to me before,anyway.

• The dockable viewport was new in 4.7, accompanying the introduction of the Aux Viewport. Before that the viewport was just the area that wasn't used by panes.

• The dockable viewport was new in 4.7, accompanying the introduction of the Aux Viewport. Before that the viewport was just the area that wasn't used by panes.

Well, that at least partly explains why i never had this problem before then. 4.7 wasn't even around all that long anyway before they came up with 4.8.