Backdrop question

Comments

• LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited September 2015

Help,

I'm using Daz3d 4.6 Pro. I tried 4.8, it was a disaster. I can't read anything on that program, it's all to small and too dark to even try. I love my 4.6 and after a ton of trouble went back to it. However, I can't find the backdrop funcation anymore. It was under EDIT- Backdrop. Now it's gone. I tried WINDOW- Panes (tabs) - Environment  looking for where it was in 4.8. It's not there either. I don't know what to do to get the backdrop function back. I even tried looking for 4.6 in my Product Libarary on this site to download it again and that's not available either. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2015
    LJWM said:

Help,

I'm using Daz3d 4.6 Pro. I tried 4.8, it was a disaster. I can't read anything on that program, it's all to small and too dark to even try. I love my 4.6 and after a ton of trouble went back to it. However, I can't find the backdrop funcation anymore. It was under EDIT- Backdrop. Now it's gone. I tried WINDOW- Panes (tabs) - Environment  looking for where it was in 4.8. It's not there either. I don't know what to do to get the backdrop function back. I even tried looking for 4.6 in my Product Libarary on this site to download it again and that's not available either. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/526556/#Comment_526556

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    Kerya said:
    LJWM said:

Help,

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/526556/#Comment_526556

THANKS SO MUCH. That worked. I just reset everything. You're an angel.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,216

FWIW (for what it's worth) I had trouble with this as well. Another vaguely-related point is that DAZ 3D no longer carries "Backdrop Deluxe" which was a sort of backdrop kit by "Nerd3D".

The "cyclorama" approach is another way to sort of do backdrops.

You can also do a primitive - the "plane" which is like a sheet of paper - and this can be colored or you can put in a photo or texture etc. by altering the "surface" properties of the plane.