Detecting double-click on a node in the Scene Pane

Anyone know of a way via scripting (signals/slots or otherwise) to detect when a user double-clicks on a node in the Scene Pane?

- Greg

Comments

• That isn't possible, certainly not via script and not even by plug-in. Remember that panes are, at least mostly, provided by plug-ins and what aspects they make available (to script or SDK) is a matter for the authors - a plug-in, written via SDK, might be able to do what you want if the events were reproted, which they are not as I understand it (selection chnaged is, I think, reported in a form that is available to both). I don't know if you could write your own plug-in/pane which would then make the event a signal available to script.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

Richard Haseltine said:

That isn't possible, certainly not via script and not even by plug-in. Remember that panes are, at least mostly, provided by plug-ins and what aspects they make available (to script or SDK) is a matter for the authors - a plug-in, written via SDK, might be able to do what you want if the events were reproted, which they are not as I understand it (selection chnaged is, I think, reported in a form that is available to both). I don't know if you could write your own plug-in/pane which would then make the event a signal available to script.

Thanks for taking the time to respond - I appreciate it.

- Greg