Camera Angles

I would like to begin using different camera angles. I have studied a package called Director's Cut for Tin Pan Alley. I'm not interested in the Tin Pan Alley part, but the package contains camera angles. Can I use these camera angles without having Tin Pan Alley? Are there any other packages that have camera presets? I have found a Camera Pointer by Dreamlight, but I would just prefer a preset. Much easier. Does anyone have this package or perhaps the creator could tell me?

Thanks in advance,

Denise

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2015

Why do you need to by cameras? You can make your own.

Cameras that come with environment packages are just nice because they are preset for that scene. But you can make cameras with any angle you need in any file at any time. There are no limits.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

If you are using DAZ Studio:

Ffrom the menu select Create > New Camera.  (you can select the "Copy Active View" radio button if you want the camera to point where you are already looking.)

In the viewport, click the View selection dropdown and select the camera you created if desired.

With the camera selected in the Scene pane, you can adjust various properties of the camera in the Parameters pane.

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136

I'm fairly new to DAZ. I haven't even looked at the environments and I'm not sure what they are. I would like to have presets, so I can get a nice view of things with a bit of artistic flare and not have to spend days trying to set the camera. Thanks!

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136

Thanks, Sriesch. I'll try it.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Why do you need to by cameras? You can make your own.

Cameras that come with environment packages are just nice because they are preset for that scene. But you can make cameras with any angle you need in any file at any time. There are no limits.

Then, after doing what you want...File >Save As > Camera Preset...