Obj export mirrored in Blender

I exported a posed figure out of Daz. But when I import it into

Blender it is mirrored.  For example, in Daz the left hand is gripping a prop, but

in Blender the right hand is doing it because the whole model has been mirrored.

Anyone know a solution for this?

Comments

• Also I forgot to mention that I exported it out of DAZ as an OBJ.

• The export options dialogue is set to mirror the X axis by the sound of it. Theer is a Blender preset, but I believe its settings are wrong for the current version of Blender - try using the native DAZ Studio preset (1 unit = 1cm), the Lightwave/modo preset (1 unit =1m) and if those have the figure laying down try the 3DStudio Max preset.

Axis setting in OBJ exporter.JPG
    506 x 319 - 32K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yes, the preset Blender export is incorrect, but it is which axis that is up, that is the usual 'wrong' part.

• Here's a Blender to Daz (and back again) tutorial that address both the size and placement problem.  I hope it helps and I always welcome comments.

Bob

pdf
    pdf
    Blender to Daz3D (August 2015).pdf
  • Once you have settings that work in the OBJ dialogue use the Save Preset button to make a new Blender 2015 (or whatever you want to call it) preset, then you can set the correct values in and out simply by selecting that.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

Here's a Blender to Daz (and back again) tutorial that address both the size and placement problem.  I hope it helps and I always welcome comments.

Bob

this is cool! thanks for the documentation.