Genesis 3 backwards compatibility?

Okay, I have tons of Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 stuff. I can use Genesis 2 stuff perfectly on Genesis 1 and vice versa, even the animate 2 stuff.

Anyway, I tried to apply some of the stuff on Genesis 3 and the end result is freaking me out. Does that mean that I have to buy all the stuff again, but for a Genesis 3 version?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

G2F clothing autofits to G3F out-of-the-box, and there is a product to add autofit support back to V4.

When G3M is available D3D said he would update GenX.

Whether there will ever be a texture converter is hard to say -- it's not as simple as as the 4th, 5th, and 6th generation, which all use the same material zones.  There are people who have gotten decent results using manual methods, but whether this can ultimately be automated is unclear.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,122

you could try this one http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

there is another thread on here on the forums where others have tried it and had good success

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

There are people who have gotten decent results using manual methods, but whether this can ultimately be automated is unclear.

Big maybe on the 'automated'...there are a number of steps in the process that work best with a good eye and active brain guiding the process.