Help rendering part of the viewport

Hey!
I'm currently doing animations with Daz, but I'm having problems rendering just a part of the viewport. Only certain parts of my character are moving, and I'm trying to only render the moving part without changing camera angles and zoom. I render in iRay and then place the moving part above the default image. Since rendering takes a whole lot of time, I'd speed up things considerely if I'd be able only to render the moving part (without hiding the other parts) This could easily be accomplished by just changing the viewport. I tried fiddling with the aspect ratio but can't get it to work. Is there a way to only render a certain part of the viewport, like a small box or something similar, of the image?

Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

You can use the Spot Render Tool (Alt+Shift+C), but you would need to do each frame yourself, there is no automatic function that I know of.

• Thanks, but come on; there's got to be a way to render a part of the viewport that I decide? Right?

• Is there really no way to accomplish this?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Is there a reason you can't just create a second camera that shows just the subpart you want to render, then use that camera?